He Will Have No Choose

We sat there motionless.

"What is the use of leaving the safety of this cabin when in the end we are always gonna get killed", Alex said as another year went down his face.

"You don't know that", Mark said.

"I know that for sure", Alex said. "My bro told me that nothing would happen to any of us... He lied",.

"Listen, rookie, I'm sorry", I said.

"Mike would know what to do", Alex said.

"Well now we only have each other", I said.

"Kid, we can't just stay here, we got to stick to the plan", Mark said.

"When the heck has any of our plans worked, to be honest I wished Fritz had never saved you Maddie. If you had not been the leader of all this maybe my bro and my best friend would have had a chance", Alex almost screamed and then walked upstairs.

I shook my head in disappointment and sadness.

"He is right...", I said.

"What did you say?", Mark said.

"He is right it was my fault that I brought up the idea to go to Atlanta and drag all of the group down here. I'm no leader, I'm as scared as any of them, I'm horrible at getting people to listen to me, and I am clueless", I said.

"That is not true", Mark said. "The guys told me not to tell my this but when we were on the bus and you were asleep laying on Aaron's arm Wade said that you helped him from the start and told me that with out you they would not be alive", Mark said. "With out you we would have never been with each other those final days, and I would have never gotten to say goodbye to my friends",.

"Still it was never me", I said. "I wish that I could bring them back",.

"We all wish that", Mark said hugging me.

"Thank you Maddie thank you..", Mark said. "Now listen we have to find some where to stay besides here",.

"Alex is not gonna leave", I said.

"He needs to leave", Mark said. "I figured out that the heat cut off last night soon we will be ice cubes",.

"Let's pack a few things", I spoke.  "As much as you can carry",.

"Okay, what about Alex?", Mark asked.

"He will have no choose", I said