Secret That Cant Be Kept From Alex

It was around 11 am and I looked out the window to see a thin layer of white snow packed on the ground. I smiled and heard a scream. I grabbed my cross bow leaning next to the door and loaded a arrow. I snuck down stairs and in to Anna's room and saw Fritz on the floor and Anna a zombie.

"I knew it?!", I yelled shooting her in the head.

"Fritz, are you okay?", I asked but his body laid still.  "Oh crap...",.

I walked up stairs and woke up Mark.

"Mark, you need to come see this", I said grabbing his hand and leading him down stairs to the room.

"Oh my god", Mark said. "Fritz, buddy, are you okay where is Annalee?",.

"I think he is dead I have no idea", I said. "Could she have ran off?",.

"I dont know", Mark spoke. WE never saw Annalee after that. Then questions about Fritz sprung up.

"From what? How close was he to Anna? Did he die before she turned?", Mark said.

"Now hold your horses now.... I don't have the answers and I don't think anyone does but we can't tell Alexander, got it?", I asked. "For all we know Alex could run away, we have to tell him that Fritz ran off and that we are going to find him",.

"I feel bad though", Mark said. "He is just a little kid.... I mean how long do you plan on hiding that secret, he is smart and keen enough to find out",.

"Let's just say it for now.... Help me move Fritz's body", I said.

"Ew... Dead body smell", Mark said gagging as we dragged Fritz feet to the front door. I have to say Fritz had been rotting for about a few hours.
I closed my nose and opened the front door and we dragged him in to the snow and there was a small blood trail from his back. When we had him in the front yard of the cabin I told Mark to flip Fritz on to his belly. I then saw a knife in his back and it looked like a few stab wounds and then I saw stab wounds on his legs but they weren't bleeding to bad.

"Did Anna kill him or did he kill...  ?", Mark  mumbled. "Oh god..".

I stood quiet and then we dragged him further out in to the woods and then we stopped. The forest stood still as we covered Fritz's body with snow. We trudged up back in to the cabin and decided to leave Anna's body alone because Alex knew about her being sick. We simply laid a blanket over the now dead girl.

Mark went up stairs and got Alex out of bed and told Alex to hold on to Marks neck and he brought Alex down stairs and laid him on the living room couch. Alex woke up slowly and looked around and at Mark and I.

"Hey, good morning, guys", Alex said. "I need to talk to Fritz about something that I think will help Anna get better..",.

Alex started to get off of the couch but I grabbed his arm. I looked into Marks eyes and I could see that he wanted to tell the truth but I refused.

"Alex.... Fritz is...", Mark began. "Fritz is dead",.

I was about to punch Mark but I did not want to get them angry. I looked at Alex who was shaking his head in denial.

"No...No... Fritz was my best friends brother and he was the strongest out of all of us... No offense", Alex said. "Show me where he died",.

I took Alex by the hand and guided him to Anna's room and I let Alex stand by the doorway as I uncovered Anna's face that was now rotted. I pointed to Fritz's hat that laid on the ground and was covered in blood.

"Holy...", Alex said as a tear ran down his face. "But where is Fritz?",.

I handed him a jacket, and Mark a jacket and I lead Alex to where we buried Fritz. I uncovered Fritz's face.

"That's not him...", Alex said getting on his knees.

"Alex.... It is him", Mark said. "See his hat was inside..",.

Alex did not say a word. I had no idea what happened but I saw anger and sadness mixing together. Alex let out a yell. Then he sat and cried. Mark not myself messed with Alex. Now it was just the 3 of us.
This was what was left. I was glad to have them but now I was worried. With out Fritz who would take care of us when we are sick and Anna who was good with a knife. I missed all my friends dearly. It sucks to see how time went by with out them.