Chapter 57

Chapter 57

~ Lucie's POV~

"Who needs to be here?" Casey's voice rang out as he got himself comfortable at the head of the table. There were numerous people in the room, luckily all familiar, scattered around the room. Casey was seated at the head of the table, with me sitting on his right side and Dom sitting at his left. The only other chairs that were occupied was the one next to me by Alayah and the other by Beau, who was sitting on Alayah's left. Most of the other people in the room seemed hesitant to sit down, as if sensing that sitting down was a sign that you were going on the mission.

"Well I definitely want Alayah here," I said, making sure my voice was heard. Alayah squeezed my hand at the gesture.

"Beau, who do you think your best men are for this job?" I asked, this time focusing on the man sitting beside Alayah.

"The only men I think are worth bringing into this mission are Cavan and Aimeri. The rest of my men would be better worked here, protecting the pack.

"I don't feel comfortable having five of your men stay behind they could-," I cut Casey off before he could finish.

"Do you think that that is the right decision?"

"Yes. I know which of my men would be most effective in this mission and which would better be served staying here and manning the pack."

"Then that's all there is to it. Cavan and Aimeri are coming, understood?" I asked everyone, my eyes meeting the people standing in the room, landing last on Casey's. His eyes were hard, his expression clearly stating that he didn't like it when I told him what we were going to do.

"I think Othello would be a nice addition to the team, don't you think Boss?" Aimeri said, jumping into the chair at the end of the table across from Casey. Beau thought for a moment, his expression pensive as he seemed to be weighing the odds in his head.

"Othello is very resourceful. We may need someone like him out in the field. Where is he?" Beau asked, his eyes scanning around the room, not seeing the European anywhere.

"He's probably still with my brothers back at the house," I said, thinking back to the last time I'd heard Othello spotted.

"Morelli, do you mind picking up the boy from Lucie's parent's place?"

"Not at all sir. I'll be off." Morelli headed out the door quickly, his eyes never returning back to the room. It took me seconds before I realized he didn't have my parent's address.

"Doesn't he need to know where he's going?"

"Oh don't worry about Morelli. He always finds his way to where he needs to be."

~☾~

~ Othello's POV~

"Are you sure this is such a good idea Vera? He has a mate, I have no business meeting a mated man." I grumbled, messing with the gray bow tie. She insisted that I go for a classy look, grabbing some clothes that one of her boy-friend's left over. I was wearing gray pants, matching dress shoes, a white dress shirt and a gray vest. It was all very snug and a slight bit uncomfortable, but Vera insisted I wear it. I was meeting her brother and she wanted me to make a good impression on me for some reason or another.

"He's going to be here in less than twenty minutes with Bodrik and Kaija. Hurry up." I gave Vera a look and she quickly shut up. She finished tucking in my shirt and straightening my vest before stepping away.

"I can tuck my own shirt in you know. I was a businessman long before I met you," my words were a little cold, but I was tired of her nit-picking my attire. I couldn't fathom why she was so worried about me meeting her brother and why I had to be in such pristine condition to do so.