Chapter 14

Chapter 14

~Lucie’s POV~

I have been told that as a sister I am supposed to feel immense happiness when your sibling finds their mate. I did feel that way about Sonny. I WAS happy; was being the key word. Now I was completely consumed with emotions as they swirled through me. Fear, shock, anger… none of them directed towards my brother and his mate. All directed towards my pack that was debating locking my brother up for his sexuality. It’s not like he could control it! You don’t just wake up one day and say ‘hey I want to make everyone's life miserable, I’ll be gay,’ no… that doesn’t happen. I had known my brother for even a complete day, but I did know one thing about him. He didn’t have a bad bone in his entire body. No that boy was the embodiment of good. And for that reason alone I knew I had to do this. I had to make this right. I had to change the packs mind… and if I didn’t Sonny wouldn’t be imprisoned, he would leave, and I would be going with him.

~*~

“Lucie you can’t be serious! We can’t just let him spew lies around like this just because he’s your brother. He has to man up for what he said. Lying about who your mate is a serious crime. One that he shouldn't be overlooked just because of the blood that runs through his veins.” I didn’t recognize the speaker, or the four other wolves that surrounded him.

“Tobias Fletcher, are you sure that you want to go down this road?” Casey asked his hands folded lazily under his chin.

“Pfft what are you talking about? What road? There is no road, only trying to show you the lies that your mate’s brother is blurting out to whoever is around to hear him.”

“Now that’s a lie right there. He hasn’t told a soul about his mate, in fact I was the one who had to tell our parents that their little boy had found his mate because he was scared of people like you, and what they would do to him when they found out that he was gay.”

“Are you calling me a liar?”

“Indeed I am, mutt,” I spat, my nose scrunching up as I looked at the man named Tobias in disgust.

“Mutt? I wasn’t the little scum of a bitch that weaved her way into the pack by getting all chummy with the Alpha.”

“Are you trying to insinuate that I’m just with Casey just because of his status? Do you honestly think that I want to be here? Do you think that I want this power? I hate it. I hate every second of it. I was groomed since I was a little girl to be a leader. And ever since I have hated even the idea of power. Now let me ask you this Tobias, do you have a mate?” I sized up the homophobic man, seeing exactly what I had expected. Tobias was a middle aged man with graying hair and an untucked stained dress shirt.

“I’ll get my mate when I get my mate. All I know is that ain’t gonna be no fucken queer,” a growl escaped my lips and I felt my fist clench at my sides. I took a step forward, letting out a deeper and more menacing growl than before. I saw his Adam’s apple bob and his eyes drift cautiously between my mate and I.

“Aren’t you going to control your mate?”

“Why control her? You did just insult her family, which by pack-law is my family. Why would I defend someone who so blatantly showed me disrespect?”

“Because I’m true pack, not some wannabe werewolf hunter,”

“Watch your tongue!”

“Why are you going to cut it out for me?”

“LUCIE!” My name was said with a warning as I lunged forward, my hand raised to stick Tobias across the face.

“Yes, Alpha?” I seethed, not dragging my eyes the man in front of me.