Chapter 12

Chapter 12

~Lucie's POV~

I really should have listened more carefully when Casey let us over pack lines. Tonight. He was presenting me to the pack tonight. Every worry that I had previously had about the pack seemed to creep into my mind as I thought of being displayed to the entire pack. My palms were sweating crazily and I kept wiping them on my jeans. My eyes traveled to Mike who was standing calmly next to me.

"How are you not freaking out right now Mike?" My voice was nearly in hysterics as the many possibilities of how this could go wrong ran through my head. What if they didn't accept me as their Luna? What if they didn't except Mike? If they didn't accept Mike... he would be killed.

"You'll be fine Lucielu. I promise!" Clary said a grin on her face as she nearly started jumping up and down. Of course she would think that. She had always been the optimistic one, plus she had Dom.

"Alright everyone! Thank you for coming to tonight's pack meeting. We have three very special guest that will be joining the pack tonight! We have Clarisse, or Clary Kepler, mate of Dominic Norsemen. Then we have one of our future's Luna's friend, Mike Gibbons become the full time protector of Clary. Next, the person that you have been waiting to meet since I became the Alpha, my mate Lucie Davis." All eyes trained towards me I felt a lump form in my throat.

"Come on up, Luc." My checks were blazing with embarrassment and I knew that whatever Casey had planned was going to be utterly humiliating. I stepped up to Casey who was grinning like a mad hatter... something was up.

"Everyone! Please give a warm welcome to your new LUNA!" I felt something tugging on me and I looked around in confusion only to realize there was nothing there.

"Casey are you doing something to me?" I asked in a harsh whisper. His eyebrows instantly shot up and he looked at me with a look of complete bewilderment.

"No what are you talking about?"

"I feel something... like a pull," I said my voice wavering as I struggled to keep my feet planted to where I was.

"To me?"

"No... I'm sorry but I have to go," I said my voice drifting off as I stumbled through the crowd. My feet seemed to have a mind of their own as I gravitated towards whatever was pulling me. Suddenly I stopped. My head was bowed and I spotted a pair of clean white shoes. I let my eyes travel up, seeing a pair of jeans then a tight black shirt. Then whims of black hair, followed by olive skin. Then I met a pair of dark gray eyes and my heart stopped. All air left my body as fire seemed to flood my veins. Two screams sounded in my ears as I feel the ground. I heard the sounds of shouts behind me and somehow I was able to look at the person who had dropped down to the ground beside me. She was withering on the ground, her breaths coming in short gasps.

"Lucie!" I heard voices shout out my name but I couldn't reply. Casey came into view and he slid to a stop in front of me cradling my body to his. The second that he touched me a scream left my body my body started to quake. The second that Casey's hands left mine my body shot up, bones in my back cracking. This time when I screamed it morphed into a howl. My shoulder locked and then popped out of place, cracking. I wanted to scream out for someone to help me but I knew that it wouldn't be of any use. I felt my eyes roll back into my head as the pain that I was feeling almost made me pass out. Casey stepped in front of me his whole demeanor screaming dominance.

"Lucie I want you to focus on me. Only me. Don't worry about anything else. Just look at me." I did as he said, staring into his large brown eyes. I could still feel my body shifting, but without being able to focus on it, the pain seemed to lesson.