Chapter 15

Chapter 15

~Lucie’s POV~

The crowd around me was hushed as we all stared at Tobias who was struggling to breathe on the ground. One of his friends that had stood by him while he was in Casey’s office earlier crouched down beside him and frantically tried to figure out what was wrong with him.

“What have you done to him? Why isn’t he breathing right?”

“He’ll be fine, he’s probably just being over dramatic as always.” Alayah said, casting her eyes back and forth between Tobias and the unnamed man beside him.

“Shut up, Layah! You don’t know that!”

“Oh be quiet Forrest! I’m fine, nothing a good old ice pack won’t fix.”  I rolled my eyes at his ignorance. I for one was sore in many places, and he hadn’t even gotten in anything other than a few nicks here and there.

“At least let me help you up!”

“Fine boy, just let me catch my breath before you...ah!” An excruciating scream left Tobias as his body fell in a crumpled heap at Forrest’s feet.

“Leslie, Berkley, Krane, Peterson!” At the sounds of their names four men stepped forward, their chest bared, growls emitting deep from within their chests. 

“Wow their boys, easy now!” I said, my voice low and drawn out. I had my hands up in a surrendering motion, trying to settle the three well-built men that seemed to be approaching me from all sides.

 “Casey aren’t you going to do something! She’s your mate for god’s sake!”

“Quiet Alayah! I need to think!” the three men started closing in closer and closer and I glanced cautiously from each, trying to decipher a plan because my beloved ‘mate’ seemed to be too lost in trying to figure out what to. And then an idea struck me. One that could work, and could very well get me thrown out of the pack. 

“Stop!” All three of the men froze in place as the word left my lips.  I saw each man struggling, trying to fight the direct Alpha Command, but each was struggling.

“Release. Us. Now.” One of the three seethed, their eyes flooding with hate at the prospect of not being able to move any of his legs. 

“Well you see, I could but that would be every stupid on my part. Why would I purposely let someone who wanted to kill me the ability to? No. But if you all submit I would be happy to let you go. All it takes is two simple words.”

“No! Never!” 

“Well you see boys, those weren’t the words that my mate here was looking for. I give you another choice. Submit or all four of you are banished from the pack, reduced to live out the remainder of your life as rouges.” 

“Just submit boys, I’m fine,” Tobias said casting his eyes down, not meeting any of the three boy’s eyes.

“What the hell man! Why are you letting that fagot lover tell you what to do? Are you a faggot too? Are you!”

“Of course not!” He scuffed, disbelief shinning clear in his eyes. 

“Then why the hell are you letting her walk all over you?”

“Because…,”

“That isn’t a good enough answer Tobias,”

“Well’s it the only answer I got boy! And you’ll shut your trap if you know what’s good for ya!”