Chapter 17

Chapter 17

~Lucie's POV~

Fear crept onto Clarie's face as she stared at Shaun Mercer, as the layers of her façade began to crumble around her. Only a select few called Shaun by his first name

"Not now Shaun. Mother doesn't want her yet." Mother? As in my mother? Why the hell would Clarie be calling her that? I thought she hated her as much as I did...

"Are you still playing that little game with her? Does she still honestly think that you two are friends? That you haven't been using her this whole time?"

"Be quite Mercer, you don't know what you're talking about,"

"Of course not, it's not like I was in on the whole plan on you befriending Lucie and keeping an eye on her for her parents or anything," Mercer said sarcastically, with a menacing grin. All the breath left my body in a gasp as I watched Clarisse step up to Mercer and slap him across the face. That was the last thing that I was expecting her to do.

"Well I guess now we will have to take her won't we?" I felt all the hairs on the back of my neck rise. Something wasn't right. My heart started to race and adrenaline was pumping through my veins at an alarming rate.

"That won't be necessary anymore Mercer. Anteagian and I just wanted to come see our baby girl for ourselves. Isn't that right sweetie?" The woman I had called mother all these years coed at Anteagian.

"I'm sure you're aware that your brother made an attempt on our lives recently? What a pity if you ask me. And I had such high hopes for him."

"He isn't my brother, he's Vera's," Anteagian and my mother froze at my words, each sharing a cautious glance with each other before responding.

"So you've meet her than? I guess we couldn't kept it a secret forever could we?"

"Seriously that's all you say about your own flesh and blood? One's a secret and the other's a disgrace? Why are you so concerned about me anyways? I'm not your daughter anyways, I'm Eron and Jenessa's daughter."

"Don't you dare speak their names? We are your parents! We raised you! I nursed you, I feed you, I bathed you!"

"Do you honestly think that that is what matters most? I wanted parents, that weren't just obsessed with killing people. I wanted a family with loving siblings, Christmases that weren't spent strategizing our next kill, birthdays where I received things other than knives. I wanted a life!"

"We could do that for you Lucielu! Just come back to us, give us a second chance!"

"Second change? You've had seventeen years! Why do you think now would be any different? After I found out that you lied to me all these years? Now that I've found my real family, that love me even though they've known me for days! Tell me this do you love me or do you love what I could offer you? A chance to wipe out the race that you so desperately hate? Tell me that you don't just want to you use me and I'll come back to you, the Hunters, willing." There was an audible pause and I rolled my eyes. Of course they just wanted to use me I'd known that from the start and so had the many hunters that even now stood by her side.

"What about you? What about all of you? Could you say that you'd faithfully follow me? That you would follow the child of the people who you so despise so much?"

"You think that you were our first option? We tried experimenting on Darcy but when he was born he was just like every other hunter!"

"What do you mean you experimented on my brother?"