Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~Darcy’s POV~

It had taken almost a day for all of the planning for the attack to come into play. We had men on each side of the compound. I was flanking the entrance with about thirty men, the Alpha among them. The plan was to have me go in alone to scout and then come back out, or call for help when the right moment came.  I walked into the compound with ease, people seemed to spare me no notice. I used to live here and had only been gone a day, so what are the chances that I could be a traitor and be willing to kill every single one of the councilmen that were in their chamber only a mere room away. I was about to open the door to the council men's room when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“What are you doing back here, son? We said for you to never come back unless you were ready to lead, and I don’t think a day is enough to have that sort of revelation.”

“Maybe I wanted to try to convince the council to try to go after Lucie again?” It was a week, but I knew that it would have my father off my back.

“Darcidian... it’s okay to feel lost. We all have felt that way once in our lives. Maybe a talk to your grandfather would help.” The only I hated more than my sister was my grandfather.

“Oh, I plan on seeing him. I plan on seeing the end of him. Attack!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

~Lucie’s POV~

“We tracked the rouge down, planning on killing it, but you beat us to it-,”

“Why the hell must you always be getting yourself into trouble Lucie?” Casey drawled out, ruffling his hair, running through it and turning around with his hands clenched at his sides. He took a deep settling breath and then lashed out, hitting a tree so hard it groaned. There was a hole in it now and I blushed. Wow, he was really mad.

“All I did was protect my mates pack. I don’t see why you feel the need to get all pissy about it.”

“Seriously, this is what I’m talking about. You don’t even know that you were putting yourself in danger. You do know that a pack is doomed if they lose their Luna right? As in the pack falls apart, right?”

“Of course I know that. That was one of the first things they teach young hunters in regards to taking down a pack.”

“Then why aren’t you able to get it through your thick skull? If you die, so does this pack!” I felt all color drain from my face as I stared at Casey wide eyed. How could I have been so naïve?

“You already missed fifth hour. I’ll take you back to six hours. Give Dominic your knives, he’ll put them back in your bag at home.” I did as I was told and held out my knives, unstrapping the holsters from my back as well. The second that I had placed my knives in Dom’s hands, he took off and I was left standing there, alone in the forest with a very pissed off Alpha.

“I left my bag at home. Can you tell Dom to bring it with him?”

“Yes. What were you even doing out in the forest with all of your knives anyways?”

“I was hunting,”

“For what?”

“A stag. I would have caught it too, if the rouge hadn’t shown up. The second that I realized it was a rogue I went after it. And I killed it as you see.”

“You should have just ran the other way when you realized a rouge was on our land. You could have gotten yourself killed! God Lucie! Do you ever think?”

“You do realize I’m a trained killer. I can take care of myself.”

“Look, there you go again! You think that you’re invincible. You know what Lucie? It’s going to get you killed one of these days and I’m not going to be there to save you.  But don’t worry, I wouldn’t be far behind you. It is nearly impossible to survive without your mate.” With that, he turned and then shifted into a massive dark brown wolf and ran off into the forest, leaving me once again to the dust.

The Huntress Becomes the Wolf (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें