Chapter 5

Chapter 5

~Darcy's POV~

It had been hours and I still had no idea where to go. Where does an ex-hunter go to seek help of taking down their ex-sister? Not the Caspian Council, that was for sure. I guess the first step was to figure out what pack my sister was in. Then see which packs hated them. And if they didn't have any enemies I could always make some. There were always rouges, but rogues were always unpredictable. But they were harder to kill, I'll give you that much. I had killed my fair share of rogues in my life, and let me tell you it didn't get much easier. They followed no set rules like pack wolves did. They did not bow down to anyone and the only person they risked anything to preserve was themselves. The closest packs were the Shadowswoods's Pack and the Crimson Embers Pack.  Both packs were hour's ride of a bus away, and I wanted help now.

Running through the woods had never been my forte but when you gave me a goal to reach, it soon became second nature. Casting a glance to my right I heard a tree branch break. Quickly I wiped myself around and got into defensive stance, grabbing the same double edged silver tipped spear. A sound of a twig breaking on my right had me whipping my body around. In the mere second something lodged themselves into my side and I let out a hiss of pain. How did I let myself get bested?

Suddenly I had something else flying out of the trees from my left and I let out a scream that instantly shifted into a blood reaching cry of pain. I grabbed my side that had been dug into and I saw three wolves circling me. One was white, the other two faded shades of silver.  Shifting seconds apart the three people glared at me with smirking faces.

"You have to be by far the worst Hunter I've ever seen! What do you say boys? We chop of his head and send it to their leader? Hold him for ransom sending body parts every five hours until we've gotten our money?"

"I'm sure my father would love my head served to him on a silver platter, so by all means send my head. He'd be glad to see it. Deserters are looked at with no pity."

"Who did you say you're father is?"

"Anteagian Davis,"

"You're the bastard's only son? What about the chick, is she with you?" My face contorted into a look of hatred and all of the three werewolves chuckled at my expression.

"I'll take that as a no...,"

"Damn straight. She's a fucken werewolf! I ain't related to a werewolf! She's as good as dead to me now. I just want to make sure she really gets that way."

"So you want help killing a Huntress?"

"They won't kill her! The Council says that she will come crawling back to them eventual. As if. She's probably already found her mate and is living high and dry in the fucken pack house." A look was shared with the werewolves in front of me. The second one smiled I knew that something was finally going in my favor for the first time today.

"Okay, we'll help you kill your sister, if you help us kill every last member of the Caspian Council," kill the people who refused to help me? Didn't seem like much of a stretch. I knew enough about wolves to know what needed to be done if I wanted to cement this deal.

"Are you all rouges?"

"No, we belong to a pack. Why?"

"If you want me to help you bring down the Caspian Council, you and everyone in your pack will have to make a blood oath with me saying that you all will help me kill Lucie Davis or die. I want her dead within the month, and if you're not willing to do it I will find another pack willing to help me do so." A look of shock ran through the three pack mates and whisper shouts were shared amongst themselves.