Chapter 60

Chapter 60

~ Lucie's POV~

Carnage surrounded me. There were dead bodies around every corner. The battle had begun and there was already so much death and destruction. The fighting had broken out at the campground that Dion and Darcy's men had been staying at. I had managed to avoid most of the fighting, one target clouding my mind. Darcy.

I heard a sound behind me and I lunged around, seeing an unfamiliar foe. I had gone through the painstakingly long process of memorizing everyone's face that was to fight with us. Sadly, that meant I recognized which one of the fallen soldiers belonged to my side instead of them just being nameless bodies on the ground.

The nameless man lunged for me and I gracefully stepped out of the way, just in time. I landed a blow to the back of his neck with my elbow, causing him to fall to the ground. In another fluid movement I bent down and swiftly broke his neck. I didn't care if he was dead or not, so I let him be, keeping in mind my main target. My brother, Darcy.

With every step that I took I felt a sense of dread set in. Something wasn't right. In fact, from the way my skin was crawling, something was very wrong. That something stepped out of a tent. Silvia.

"My dear child, it's nice to see you again. I would appreciate it if you would stop your incensed quest to find that dear brother of yours and end his life. He is needed."

"He might be needed for you, but for me? He's better off dead. I'm sure he feels the same way so it'd be best if I just got this little feud of ours over and done with."

"If you can't behave, you won't have any part of this." I was confused by her words. It didn't help that as she spoke a tiredness stronger than I'd ever felt began to overtake me.

"What are you doing to me?"

"Sleep, my child. You will have a lot of work to do when you awake from your slumber." I couldn't fight her anymore. I was too weak. I fell to my knees, and then onto my stomach. Not even a minute had passed before my eyes were closed and the lure of sleep was pulling me in. Before I succumbed to the power of whatever spell she was casting on me, however, I felt gentle wrinkled hands pick me up and then later set me down on something that was incredibly comfortable. Humming filled the air, a melody that I didn't recognize, but one that I couldn't deny was beautiful.

"Sleep, my child. It will all be over by the time you wake up." After those words were spoken, I was lost to the darkness. Sleep had overtaken my body at the worst of times, and there was nothing I could do to fight it.

~Braylynn's POV~

Blood covered half of my face and I was sure that I had a rib or two broken. Something was poking something it shouldn't be inside my body that was for sure. Casey had made me promise to keep an eye on Lucie during the battle, something I agreed to out of respect for his equal title. He was doing the same for my beta and for my friend Bodrik, someone that he had met rather recently he had told me.

From what I had seen the battle was nearly over. Most of our foes were either dead or had given up. Dion and Darcy were still at large. I had requested to be informed after their demise. Something moved to my left causing me to turn, ready for an attack. The person I saw, however was not who I was expecting.

"Silvia,"

"You know who I am?"

"I was informed about you, yes,"

"Informed, ah. Being informed about something isn't the same thing as knowing what it means though, I'm afraid. Oh the plans I have for you, my dear child. You will be marvelous. So beautiful. So young. I await the day you reach your true potential. The fates and I have talked so much-,"