Chapter 34

Chapter 34

~Lucie's POV~

I should have known that the smirk on Beau's face meant trouble. I had seen him make hundreds of entrances, but broadcasting to the entire pack that he was a rogue? It didn't seem like one of his smartest ideas. Though I had to say, Aimeri's entrance was probably the best I had ever seen; then again, I hadn't seen many entrances powered by magic before. Most witches that I knew tended to be more... reserved. I was cast out of my thoughts by the increasing sound of the crowd around me. Vulgarities were shouted around me, most focusing on Beau's declaration of being a rogue, but what really shocked, however, was the outcries revolving around Casey. I watched as Casey first tried to calm the crowd himself, using only a normal authoritative tone. But, as was per usual, Casey soon abandoned trying to resolve the issue calmly and switched to one that I knew he was far more capable and comfortable using. The Alpha Voice.

"Quiet!" The power of Casey's voice shocked even me, as it not only silenced the crowd into submission, but also because of the force of it had shaken the ground beneath my feet.

"You may not be happy about the fact that Beau is a Rogue. You may not like the fact that I am employing a Rogues help protecting this pack and it's Luna. But you should know that I did not make the decision to have Beau and his men help us, lightly. Your Beta and I thought this over and decided it was our best decision regarding the safety of this pack. While Beau and his men are here, you will show them the utmost respect. They are my guests and will be treated as such. But Aimeri?"

"Yes, Alpha Shadowswood?"

"If you ever pull a stunt like this without my approval again, I will allow my pack to do with you as they see fit."

"Uh hate to break it to you, your majesty, but I don't have to follow a word you say when it comes to your Alpha talk. I'm a witch remember? I'm only here because Beau requested I be, and because of your lovely Luna. Don't let my childish ways fool you. I'm over a five hundred years old." I nodded, knowing very well that this was true. Most people always assumed that because of Aimeri's childish ways, he was young. But in reality he was one of the oldest witches I had ever met.

"You already informed us on that small fact, Aimeri,"

"Doesn't hurt to remind the folks around us, especially the ones with fleas up their ears," I heard several growls at Aimeri's statement, though in reality it was quite amusing.

"Listen to your Alpha. You must respect the men you have met here today and the ones that are still on their way here. They are here out of respect for me. They are not here for money, nor are they here for fame. They are here for the respect that I garnered from them years ago when I helped Beau in his Rogue hunting business. Did he forget to mention that? That the area that he specializes in is the tracking, recording and disposal of Rogues that are a threat to Pack and Human life? If you will not respect these men because of what they are here to do, then respect them for what they have already done; protecting everyone here from the foes you so desperately want to make the men before you out to be. Do you all understand?" My voice and tone left no room for negotiation. Power seemed to ooze off of my words, much the same way it did when Casey talked. It almost shocked me for a second before I remembered that this was not the first time that I had been able to do something like this.

Casey grabbed my hand, warmly drawling gentle circles in the palm of my hand affectionately. I smiled up at Casey, who seemed to beam back down at me, proud of me for the speech that I had just delivered to our pack.

"You are all dismissed, you may return back to your homes at once. There will be a pack meeting that all are acquired to attend unless previously discussed with me or the Beta or Luna. Understood?" An almost collective yes ran through the crowd and after a nod from Casey the crowd began to thin around me. Once almost everyone had left, Taiden made his way over to Beau who was still standing almost suspiciously far away from me. His body was angled away from me and everything about his body language screamed that he wanted to be as far away from me as possible. A sign escaped my lips before I could stop it, gaining the attention of many of the people who were still around me. Casey peered down at me from his spot not even inches away from me. Maybe it wasn't me who Beau was angling himself away from. Maybe it was just Casey.