Chapter 58

Chapter 58

~ Lucie's POV~

I took a deep breath, trying to control my anger. We were here trying to find someone discreetly, not to alert every supernatural creature in a twenty mile radius where we were.

"Now, before you say anything, I can guarantee you that I did not plan to do that," Aimeri said, gesturing to the singed hole that separated my group from his. Beau, Casey and Axel gave us strange looks before once more glaring at Aimeri.

"Look, do you guys just want to converge and make one group? I know it kind of goes against what we had planned, but since this guy here wanted to fool around with magic, staying separated kind of defeats the purpose now." Beau said, his eyes drifting from me to Alayah.

"Yeah, sure, why not? It's not like we have anything else to lose. We already alerted whoever's here of our presence. Aimeri? Do you want to go get the others and bring them over to this tunnel? Or do you all think that we should remain split up?"

"I think we should remain split up. We never know which tunnel she's down. You have to remember that. We don't want to invest all of our time into checking out one tunnel when she could be down a completely other one." Axel said, bringing up a good point. I nodded, then told everyone to get back to their respective tunnels. The hole in the wall closed and I was once again left with Velvet and Alayah to keep me company.

"You know you can talk to me to pass the time you know... I won't bite. I'm not a werewolf anymore, so you don't have to worry about me going all crazy werewolf on you." I gave her an annoyed look. Being a werewolf isn't something that you can switch off. I don't care what the witch did to her... she was still a werewolf deep down. She had to be. If it was that easy to cure lycanthropy then thousands more people would be doing it. Or at least I would assume they would be.

"Unlike the rest of the group I don't mind answering a couple questions. So feel free to lay them on me chica. I got nothing better to do in this hell hole."

"What did it feel like when she killed your wolf?"

"It felt like I was dying. Like she was burning my wolf from my system. It was honestly the worst pain I've ever experienced. The pain was something I could never recreate in my torture chambers. It was pure agony. There were no breaks. Only pain. Only pain until my wolf was dissolved from my spirit... from my body."

"Why... why would you put yourself through something like that? Did she warn you on how much it would hurt?" I asked, my voice almost breaking as I imagined the pain.

"She had no idea how much pain it would ensue. We were her test dummies... She said she needed to know how to do it for something. For someone. We never asked who it was for, but whoever it was for... they are some twisted people. I might never have wanted to be a werewolf, but I also never wanted to experience that much pain. I'm glad I did it though. I'd rather be human than be an abomination." I cringed at the word. Abomination. My father had called my people that my entire life. It was his life mission to wipe every last one of us from existence. It hurt to think about sometimes. Even today when I know that he isn't my birth father. My birth father did know that Vera was not his child, though. He raised her poorly because of that. That fact still bothered me to this day. You do not raise a child differently just because you know that the child is not yours. You raise it with the same love and affection that you would your own flesh and blood. That's just the way I am at least. I let out a huff and turned towards Alayah who was giving me a strange look.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked, instantly knowing that something was bothering me.

"I'm just thinking about my parents. You know how I am about shutting off my brain. I suck at it." She gave me a weak smile and nodded. We all walked in silence for a little bit, each of us probably having a thousand things on our mind. The tunnel soon shifted. The type of rock slowly began to change, letting us know that what we were about to walk into was going to be different.