Chapter 22

Chapter 22

~Lucie's POV~

"We found her," standing in front of me was a distraught woman. Her eyes were blood shot, her hair in thick wotted tangles. Her brown eyes were detached as she cast her gaze on every face in the room, only stopping when she reached mine.

"Davis," Kaija cringed next to me but I ignored her and gestured for Zorra to sit down next to me.

"Zorra, I can assume you've heard of the accusations brought against your brother," Zorra nodded as she grabbed a fist full of tissues and blew her nose, color once again returning to her face.

"Yes, as I assure you that that's not true. None of it is true. Wyatt... he couldn't hurt a fly for all the money in the world. After our parents died... he became reclusive. He... he couldn't do this. It just isn't possible you have to believe me."

"I believe you. I believe in you. Your brother, not so much. Zorra there had to have been signs. Did he act differently recently? Maybe more aggressive towards you or towards others? Did he start hanging around different people lately? Disappearing at odd times?"

"No, Wyatt has been acting the same as usual. He's nice to everyone. Uhhh... he doesn't really hang out with anyone but me. And...odd times? He-," her face turned pasty white just as her hand stopped their repetitious movement.

"No,"

"Zorra, any little detail helps. If Wyatt was going places we need to know. Especially now. One of those places could be where Tabby and Fawna are located. Any detail will help," Everyone's attention was focused solely on Zorra as we waited for her reply.

"There was this one place. It'd be abandoned by now. Our parents used to work there before the accident. The accident was killed our parents. He used to go there to think but... you don't think he'd take them there do you?"

"Any lead is better than no lead. What was the name of the factory?"

"Halsy Mills,"

~☾~

There were only twenty of us on the mission, four to cover the front for each entrance. Only eight of us were going inside.

"Are you sure you want to come in on this Zorra. Wyatt isn't going to look like the person you know. He's not going to act the same either. There is no advantage for us taking you in there."

"Then why are you letting me go?" Her voice was as cold as her eyes. We both knew the answer to that. Because if I ever got this chance with Darcy, I'd sure as hell want in on it and nothing could get in my way.

"Because if it was my brother I would want someone to let me go,"

"Alpha?" Zorra turned towards Casey who had been silent though most of the ordeal, only giving talking when asked something directly.

"Lucie can I talk you in private?" Confusion set in as I nodded and followed as he led me away from the strike team that had assembled in the back alley a block away. His back was turned to me even after he stopped and I knew that whatever he was about to tell me I wasn't going to like.

"Casey?" Silence greeted me, leaving on the light sound of my breathing to fill the alley.

"Lucie," Casey's voice was filled with pain and it took almost every ounce of my self-control to not reach out and wrap my arms around him. He slowly turned towards me, his eyes shining with regretful attrition.

"Casey what did you do?"

"Lucie you have to understand, I had no choice. They said that if I didn't claim you soon that I would be forced to step down as alpha."