Chapter 9

Chapter 9

~Clarisse's POV~

How do you cope with watching both of your parents murdered in front of you by werewolves? Simple, you run to the nearest werewolf pack and ask for help from your ex-best friend. 100 miles seems like a long run, and it would have been. That's why I stole my dad's car and drove there breaking every speed limit known to man on the way. Lucie had to be in one of the two packs, and for some reason Shadowswood pack had pulled me to it. So here I sat on the border of Shadowswood pack, covered in blood waiting for someone to take me to see my best friend.

"Hunters!" A guy who looked a couple years younger than me screamed at the top of his lungs. He had messy dark brown, almost black hair with matching eyes. But seriously, why do they instantly suspect that if one hunter shows up that hundreds more are sure to follow?

"No you idiot! Huntress, but I'm not even a very good one at that. I'm here to see Lucie." His eyes widened and then he sniffed.

"That isn't werewolf blood covering you... is it?"

"No... but I can tell you that the werewolves that killed these hunters, weren't alone. An ex-hunter was working with them. Darcy. Lucie's brother." Instantly his hands wrapped behind his head, muttering curses under his breath. I heard the sound of people approaching and I took a hesitant step back. A girl stepped forward who looked to be about my age.

"You're Clarisse aren't you?" Holy shit on a stick how did she know that?

"Ya... Clarisse Kepler. How did you know?"

"Lucie told us," of course she did. She was still my best friend right?

"Alayah what the hell are you doing talking to the..," a guy with soft blond hair stepped forward, glaring at the girl that must be Alayah. That was until he made eye contact with me. All the air left me when his hazel eyes met mine. I felt my pulse race and I took a step forward without thinking. A growl sounded on my right and I let out a yelp and fell to my but, crawling backwards until my back hit a tree. A second growl sounded as the guy with blonde hair bunched his fist and lunged at the guy who growled nearly attacking him straight on.

"Mate," the blonde guy hissed as he grabbed the person who growled at me around the neck, dangling him in the air.

"Dominic no!" the blonde guy who I could only assume was Dominic froze, every muscle in his body locking at the sound of his name. Lucie came out of the forest, her dark hair flying behind her, a murderous look in her eyes.

"Dominic what is the meaning of this?"

"He threatened my mate!" A look of shock spread on Lucie and her companion's face as Dominic once again tightened his grip on the growlers neck.

"Mate? I didn't know you had a mate! Who is she? Have I met her?" Dominic dropped the growler and cast his gaze over to me. Lucie's eyes followed and at the sight of me she gasped and ran towards me, ignoring the protests of her companion.

"Clarie!" Lucie screamed wrapping her arms around me, ignoring the blood that drenched my clothes.

"Lucie...,"

"Dom you never told me who your mate was, idiot,"

"You're hugging her right now," Lucie's arms stilled around me as she met my eyes, shock evident in her stormy gray eyes.

"You're Dominic's mate?" Mate... mate... why did that word sound so familiar?

"What's a mate Luc?" A mischievous grin spread across her face and she slowly backed away.

"Dom, go to your mate." Lucie commanded. Before the words were even out of her mouth he was at my side and enveloping me in his arms. Shocks of pleasure spread through my body and I couldn't stop the gasp of pleasure that left my lips. Dominic growled in approval and he buried his head deep within my shoulder.