Chapter 13

Chapter 13

~Lucie's POV~

"I fucken told you!" The guy that I presumed to be Roman shouted, starting to do a little dance. I nearly laughed at the sight, but didn't, instead letting an amused smile flood my face. But then the reality of everything around me set in. 

"You still should have cared about Rosie! She didn't need to be shunned out of the family, just because she wasn't like the rest of you. Would you prefer her to go to her birth-parents? The people who raised me to be killers? To hate what you are to such a point that killing stopped being obligation but became pleasure? Do you honestly want that for the girl who you raised? If so, you truly are no parents of mine."

"Lucie honey, we don't believe that at all! We don't want Vera to go out there anymore than you do." Janessa said her eyes watering at my words.

"Then you all need to step up and be the parents that she deserves. You'll either have two daughters or no daughters. It's up to you got it?" Their eyes were wide but they nodded their heads in agreement.

"Would you like to stay the night here Lucie?"

"Ummm I don't know if...," I trailed off not knowing what to say. Should I stay here? Should I stay in the house that should have been my home for the last 18 years of my life?

"No, I don't want you going anywhere else for the night. Rosie will let you borrow some her P.J's won't you sweetheart?"

"Yes," Rosie's grin was as wide as my own and I raced towards the door, the sounds of laughter behind me.

"You don't even know where you're going sis!"

"Doesn't matter!" I shouted over my shoulder as I raced inside, following the scents in the house. I stopped in front of a white door and then threw it open. The room was a mixture of baby blues and greys and I instantly fell in love with the room.

"This was my room. But I guess it's yours now,"

"Nonsense. It's still every much as much your room now as it was yesterday. This is your home. I'm not trying to steal it."

"I was waiting for an excuse to by my own apartment anyways. Don't sweat it. I don't want this place. I can't handle living with the Carters giving me knowing glances... looks that say 'hey I knew you weren't my kid. No kid of mine can't shift'. I just can't do it anymore Luc. Yah know?"

"Ya, I know," she smiled weakly at me and I couldn't help the small smile that crossed my lips when she threw out a pair of pajamas for me.

"Do think that Casey is going to barge in here sometime tonight?"

"Wouldn't doubt it,"

"I'm going to find Roman and talk to him for a bit. Don't wait up, do something useful or something...," she rolled her eyes at me and I couldn't help chuckling at her.

"Lucie!" Sonny ran up to me, a grin on his face.

"I'm just going to go back to my room now...," Vera said her voice laced with sarcasm obviously reading into the conversation that hasn't even started yet.

"Yes Sonny?"

"Uh... hi?" His smile reached his eyes as he started anxiously shifting from foot to foot.

"What is it?"

"Can I take you shopping today?"

"Shopping... you want me to... shop with you?" I asked slowly, barely able to comprehend what he was asking me.

"Well not just shop... I want to go to see a movie too!"

"What are we going on a date?" I deadpanned, not really wanting to do any of the things he listed off.