Chapter 32

Chapter 32

~Lexi’s POV~

“Someone explain to me what’s going on? First I see a giant standing outside my door who asks me why I’m ‘tries to get in Mr. Dom house’. Then he hugs me like I’m a teddy bear. I mean I already have insecurities about my height, he doesn’t have to rub it in!” Kaija fumed, her eyes angrily darting back between her brother and me.

“Look I know you have the right to be angry-,”

“Angry? I was angry when my best friend walked out on me after her parents died. I was angry when my family left me with my friends for over a year.  I was angry when my brother came home and didn’t tell me what happened and instead cried in my arms. Now? Now I’m pissed.”

“Dom maybe you should-,”

“No. You both are going to work this out with me, right here, right now,”

~Darcy’s POV~

Nakota circled around the space that the crowd had formed around us. Maniae had just hit what must have been Nakota’s last nerve. From the looks of it, Mani wasn’t about to back down from it either. “Come on girls, calm down. Mani this isn’t very Beta like now is it?”

“I don’t know, it seems offly fitting doesn’t it Darcy?” My jaw clenched as I looked up to see a still very pissed off Dion. 

“Leave Nakota out of this, it’s me you want revenge on,”

“You’re very right, but hey, I don’t have to get my hands dirty this way. And I’m pretty sure Mani’s have never been clean so…,” I let my eyes drift to Nakota. I knew she was a decent fighter because of how she took out her surrogate mother, but Mani wasn’t just a decent fighter, she was one of the best I had ever seen. 

“Dion end this now,”

“You don’t order me around, boy. You forgot who’s Alpha here.”

“You seem to forget that you’re Alpha voice doesn’t work on me. Meaning you’re not my Alpha. Hell I’m not even a real wolf. I just have all the advantages you do.”

“Watch it, Darcy. This isn’t a fight you can win,”

“I wouldn’t be so sure. You forget how long I’ve been in the killing business far longer than you have Dion.”

“We should test that then,”

“Dion, calm yourself. We are partners, not enemies,”

“You think a hunter can ever be partners with wolves?”

“Yes, we’ve been doing it for hundreds of years.  Sure, we’d love it if every werewolf would just magically die, but instead if we have to partner with few to kill many, we generally do it. That’s what this is. Nothing more, nothing less,” Dion held my gaze, challenging me with his eyes. But I knew that if he attacked me that I shouldn’t fight him. I was unnumbered after all. 

“What, is the little hunter lost without his big bad weapons to fight with? Too afraid to play dirty?” At least he didn’t figure out the real reason I didn’t want to fight him. 

“Darcy boy? Oh come one, I’d heard stories about you. Why aren’t you going to live up to your name?” My jaw locked as I fought against my emotions, making myself calm down instead of reacting. It wasn’t in my nature and if Nakota wasn’t a few feet away from me, I don’t think I would have been able to do it. But his words kept replaying in my mind. What stories? He had already mentioned the stories that Mani had told him, so what other stories was he talking about?