6.

Nathan Woods (Summer's Brother) ^^

What does mythical creatures have to do with anything? "Huh?"

He sighs. "Do I have to show you?"

I nod cautiously, body on full alert.

I watch my "brother" step forward while the sound of bones cracking fill the air. I blink and see a giant brown wolf where he was.

I scream and back away, my gun completely forgotten. He walks towards me. I stumble and fall to the floor, crawling backwards into the living room until a wall is against my back.

I stand shakily and use the wall to keep my body up. I hold out my shaking hand towards the wolf who is sitting in front of me.

I straighten up and bury my fright. They won't do anything to me. They can't because I sure as hell can't hurt any of them. His head tilts to the side in curiosity.

I slowly walk forward with my hand out. I stop a foot in front of him and place my hand on top of his head.

His eyes close and he stands. He is about the height of my chest. I smile and pet him. He backs away and runs away.

I watch him and feel sadness. Why did he leave? Does he not like me?

"Do you want to see my wolf?" Tyler asks, absolutely giddy.

I look over to him only to smack my face into a chest. I lean back and look up to face him. "You're one too?"

"Everyone is one here."

"Even me?"

He nods and pulls a chain from around his neck. Dangling from the chain is a silver ring that has words and a howling wolf on it. I reach out to touch it.

Dad holds out a box. A small box to be exact. I grab it and open it. I see a silver ring. "I'm not gonna marry you. You have mom."

I look up and see him laughing on the floor. "Look at the ring!" He says between the gasps for air. "It's to let you shift."

I look back at it and see it has writing on it. I pull it out and try to read the words.

The power of the moon now allows you to shift.

I silently thank the shadows for translating. I turn the ring and on the inside I see a moon and a howling wolf. The ring can't be any bigger than the guy's wedding ring but this one has a wolf howling clearly on it.

I look up to dad and see him staring at me with anticipation.

"If I put this on I can shift?" I ask in disbelief.

He smiles. "Yes! You can! I had a witch make it for me! A old family friend and she complied. She says she has a surprise for me when you do shift and I am excited for it."

"Shift? Like what you do? Like what everyone else does?" I say staring at the ring, scared.

"Yes. Why? Do you not want to?"

"That's not it."

"It is to let you phase like we can. You are only a half breed unlike everyone else." Tyler explains.

I look up and meet his eyes. "I remember, my dad told me this."

His eyes widen. "You've been getting memories back?" I nod and he squishes me to his chest. "What was the first one you got back?"

"When we are at this private school or something." I mutter.

"Knightley Academy. You really wanted to go there. I actually think I still have your uniform from that mission in my closet."

"Mission?" My mind automatically begins asking questions. "What the hell did I do? What do I mean to everyone here? What is a Luna? Explain everything."

"You, my dear little mate, are an assassin. One of the few called a protector. A protector kills people who target others." Tyler begins.

"This," Jack says while walking into the room with a giant book. "Will answer any questions about who you killed and what your job is and what those marks on your arms mean. The only one not in this book is the band on the upper part of your right arm." He drops it on the coffee table.

It falls with a loud noise, almost breaking the table. I walk over to the book and skim through it.

So many names fill the page. Over a thousand at least. Under each name is how I killed them, the weapon, where and why. Some kills have lines through them with and some have arrows to other names.

This whole book like one jumbled mess. Lines cross the pages and small notes are written next to some people. I look over each page and see different symbols next to the people. I flip through and see a page that describes what the symbols mean.

I look through all the pages and see that most of the people have a small circle with a dot in the center. The circle with a dot in the center means assassinated to protect others.

Someone makes a loud noise, starling me and making the book fly and land on one of the last few pages.

"Sorry!" Jake calls out, peeking from behind the wall. "I dropped the plate."

I grab the book and look at the page it landed on.

Issues about Agent:

•suffers from insomnia after missions
•kills heartlessly, will not stop killing if kills many people in one span of time
•doesn't know how to mask emotions well
•malnutrition and dehydration most of the time, even before missions

Great things about Agent:
•doesn't break code of honor
• completes job assigned to her
•leads the team members correctly, a trait hard to come by
•knows the consequences of her actions
•protects whoever she can at all costs, especially kids and her team

I look up in shock. They wrote the issues about me down then all the good things about me. It's like they wrote a list on why to kill me then added the reasons on why not to.

Tyler peeks over my shoulder and reads the page. He growls before I glare at him.

"Do you always do that?" I ask him.

He looks taken aback. "Do what?"

"Growl!"

"Yeah? I mean I am half wolf. What do you expect?"

I shrug. "I don't know. What do you want me to expect?"

"Undying affection and love from me." He states completely serious.

I nod once while looking at him for a second. "Okay, wolfie, whatever you say. If it makes you calm down then yes, I'll accept that."

He grins and leans forward. I turn my attention back to the book and skim through the pages before stopping on the front.