32

Tyler smiles. His green eyes brighten. "You ran into me."

"What do you mean?"

"The first time we met, you ran into my chest. I knew then and there that you were my mate. The sparks, your eyes, your voice. I feel in love with you the minute I layed my eyes on you."

"How did I run into you?"

He chukcles as if it is an inside joke. "Okay, let me begin from the beginning."

He begins by telling me that my father was holding a gala for my eighteenth birthday because that's when he suspected I was going to meet my mate and have my wolf come forward. Apparently the day that he showed up, I was being scolded for something I didn't do and then as I was running from the office, I ran smack dab in the middle of Tyler's chest.

He described me as someone who captured any man's eye. Someone who was sharp witted enough to kill an ego but the instant I met eyes with him, no words escaped me. He also said that, that was the first time anyone has ever heard me speechless.

He knew the instant I touched him that we were mates and that my scent made it all better.

"What's my scent?" I cut him off. He gives me a look and I smile apologeticly.

"Vanilla and honeysuckle. And sometimes death." He explains.

I nod. That's why he had vanilla scented bodywash it reminded him of me.

He continues and I frown. After that, he told my father that we were mates and he called me back and explained to me what and who I truely was. A werewolf that can't shift. I halfbreed royal.

I was so shocked and, apparently, afraid that I ran, killing a few men in the process. My father stopped him from chasing after me and I got lost in the forest. When I got back, he was thrilled that I was accepting what I was. Then some crazy stuff happened with my life and I had to go on the run and I took him and Jack along with me.

The room is silent as I process the mini story. My life. That's how I dragged him to me.

"When did you first realized you loved me? Other than when you first laid eyes on me." I ask, propping my chin on his chest.

"Loved you?" He humms.

His eyes turn glazed over as if he is thinking and I look him over again. His blonde hair looks so soft and his green eyes remind me of leaves. His lips look so kissable that it is hard for me to not plant my lips on his. His chest under me is firm and and his breathing is steadier than yesterday. His entire body emits heat which calms me.

For some reason, I'm not afraid of heat when I'm around him. I think of how I was when I was in the sun and now I am perfectly fine laying on top of a personal heater.

"I think I fell in love with you when you stood by my side when my father was trying to bully you. I feel in love with you when you showed my terrifying father that you were staying with me."

"When was that?"

"After the vampire prince nearly killed me." He growls out.

"Harrison. Daniel Harrison." I look into his shocked eyes. "I remember that. I remember you trying to protect me from him. That's when I realized I first had feelings for you."

A smile appears on his face. "You love me." He teases me. "You don't remember me but you love me."

I feel my face heat up and I look away from him. "I- I have no idea what you are talking about."

The door slams open causing me to jump and nearly fall off of Tyler, his hold tight around my waist.

We both look to the door and see a heavily breathing Jake. "Alpha Luca and Alpha Alejandro are here. They demand your presence, Alpha."