40.

I open the doors to my office and see everything in perfect order and filed and labeled and clean. Not a speck of dust is anywhere along the room and Viktor is sitting in a chair in front of my desk.

"Hello there, Agent Woods." He gives smell a cocky grin and kicks his legs onto the top of the desk.

I sit unceremoniously in my leather chair and turn my computer on, allowing it to whine from the sudden use.

"I am not in the mood, Viktor." I mutter, pushing stacks of paper to the side before opening my backpack and pulling out a manilla folder.

"What's that?" He pulls his feet from the desk and leans forward. I look up and see the door wide open.

"Close the door and get me my pen." I order.

I unlock my computer and look through all the accounting files and surveillance systems. I check all the reports and battles and logs. I scan through everything quickly and see that this place ran very shakily.

"Alright, here's your pen." He tosses a thin metal object at me. It looks exactly like a pen but it cuts out all video and audio transmissions.

I click the button and open the folder, setting the "pen" beside the lamp on my desk.

"You're my most trusted friend, other than Jack and Tyler, of course, but this is a map of all the rogue attacks. I promised them I would help find the King and I needed all the data."

"Why?"

"Because they aren't trained to see patterns like we are. We know things that they only think exist in movies."

I open the map and see small red dots all over the place along with a large sticky note on the top right corner. I pick it up and read it silently.

Dear Summer,

I told Jack to give this to you when you go to work because I know I wouldn't remember it at 5 in the morning. I hope you can help us figure out all the tricks.

Love, Tyler.

I chuckle. "Yup, he expected me to help figure out the pattern."

Viktor walks over to my side and we look over the map. The dark green splotches are trees and the light green is fields. The thick black lines are roads and small light brown rectangles must be houses. The red dots are scattered all around us as if they are being summoned to us.

The red dots scatter away like ribbons that twirl around to make it seem as if it hiding a pattern. I rest my hands on the desk and see small thin strands of dark brown move through trees and around the town and through the forest surrounding the town.

The red dots avoid those and seem to move away like it is dangerous.

"There's a mastermind behind this." Viktor mumbles.

My computer gives off a beep and I look to the screen to see a video chat.

I sit down and click to turn it on. Viktor crouches by my side and we see Commnder Cortez, the Spanish Commander, pop onto my screen. His dark tan skin and dark brown eyes a familiar sight.

"Ah! Look who's back and working!" He exclaims in partial shock.

I grin. "Yep, I'm back and running things again. Our alliance is still in place?"

Since I was gone for over a year I might not have any allies anymore. I need to show them all that I am alive and back. Allies are good in this profession. If I have people who promise to have my back, it makes me feel slightly safer.