34.

I look at the depressed Alpha in front of me. His green eyes downcast, staring at my shoes. His cuffed wrists are red and his uneaten food is beside him.

"I'm sorry, Luca. Truely, honestly sorry. I never wanted to kill him but he had Tyler, Jack, and Nathan prisoner. I needed to save them. He threatened them and me. He also threatened my position of commander."

"He's my brother, Luna. How would you feel if someone killed your brother?" His voice is emotionless.

"Luca, someone did kill my brother." I whisper, crouching in front of him.

"How did you feel?"

"Depressed, angry, and alone."

"Why were you angry?"

"Because the person who killed him was the person I was supposed to kill. The entire mission backfired on me."

His head lifts up and his eyes sparkle. "Can you tell me the story?"

I nod. "This was back about seven years ago. When Nate and I were assigned partners and we were able to do missions without adult supervision. Our mission was to kill a spy in China. He was known for his skills in martial arts and Nate and I are skilled in many forms of combat. Anyway, Nate had the Chinese spy cornered but little did we know that our commander didn't give us enough information and made us fall right into his trap."

"So you and your brother were wanted dead and your commander helped make sure of it?" He asks softly. I nod once.

"When we awoke from being sedated, we were tied to metal chairs, facing each other. One man was behind both of us, guns to our temples. I'm the only one who could speak chinese and I had to translate for Nate as quickly as I could while making sure to answer respectfully if we were both to stay alive. During the interrogation, because the spy wanted info about my branch, he slipped up his questions and I realized the problem." My voice begins to shake. "He didn't know anything about who I was and who I worked for. He just thought I was another spy from his branch sent to follow him."

Luca shifts and watches my hands begin to shake. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I feel as if I'm back in the metal chair, blood trailing down my face from the hit on my forehead. Cramped muscles from being held behind me uncomfortably. The smell of salt water and sweaty bodies. The fright on my twin's face and the quick speaking Chinese and even quicker English. The cold barrel of the gun against my temple and the fast thumping of my heartbeat. Nate's fright at the gun so close to my head and his panicked breaths.

"He wanted to know more about the world's hidden agencies. He threatened me but I didn't care about dying then. I just didn't want Nate to die. I responded the wrong way and all guns pointed to my twin. All emotions except fear drained from me as I saw the man pull the trigger for my mistake. The bullet flew and hit his chest. I scream so loud and with so much emotion that I nearly threw up. I watched my brother die in front of me and it was impossible for me to get to him."

"My queen, I'm so sorry. I didn't know-"

"You asked so I told you."

I take a deep breath and open my eyes. I feel the tears forming but put on a small smile for the crying alpha.

"What did my brother do?" He finally asks after silence.

"He held Tyler, Nate, and Jack hostage and told me that if I wanted any of them alive that I was to give him 4 million dollars and my title of commander."

Luca cringes. "I am sorry for what he did, My queen. He should have known better. I never knew he would've gone against you."

We hear the main door to the cells slam against the wall.