31.

He takes a deep breath. "We need to sedate his wolf for him to heal. We need to add wolfsbane for his human side to heal the bruises correctly. These bruises will only worsen if-"

I hold my hand out to silence him. His ranting hurting my ears. "You are telling me that my kind caused him pain that he can't heal from?"

He nods slowly. "But it was a wolf who caused the bruising."

"It was an agent who kidnapped him and did the wounds. I am simply saying what I saw and encountered."

"Wolves are agents too. He hit Alpha just right-"

"To cause permanent damages if not treated perfectly. I know. I am subject to those beatings. I am also a master in giving them." I turn back to Tyler and study his purple and black face. I gently trace the outlines of the bruises. One around his left eye, one around his right jawbone, and one right beside the right side of the nose.

"Will you sign the papers?" Ethan finally asks after some time.

My tracing stops and I rest my open hand on Tyler's chest, softly. I close my eyes and focus on my surroundings. Jack's breathing is normal. He is healing fine.

"Will it cause him pain?" My voice is soft and sounds weak... vunerable.

"No, just enough to supress his wolf. His wolf will be fine. Just tired."

"Can I think about it? Have a day to think?"

"You have a few days to consider it."

I pay attention to the shakey rise and fall of his firm chest. "Can I be alone with him?"

"Yes, my queen." He whispers.

"You too, Rover." I speak firmly.

"But-"

I shake my head and hear his retreating steps as the door closes.

I lean forward and press my lips on Tyler's gently, giving him a kiss he deserves.

"I'm so sorry. You have no idea how much guilt I feel for making you feel this much pain. I know how much those hits hurt. I know how many the leader gets trying to save the others. We always get twice as much. I'm so so sorry. I hope you forgive me one day."

I rest my forehead against his neck and curl up against his side, feeling more comfort here than anywhere else.

"I will always forgive you, my love." A voice croaks out. My head snaps up to see Tyler watching me. His green eyes showing happiness.

I feel a smile break out on my face. "Looks like the dead decided that they didn't want you."

"I wish I wasn't imagining things again," His voice is so sad and soft. "I miss you so much, baby girl, so much. I wish you were here, that you wre alive."

I feel my heart break and tears threaten to fall. "I'm right here. What are you talking about? I came back for you."

"You're just a thought, remember? You fell out of the helicopter. You can't be alive."

I grip his shirt. "I'm not dead! I'm alive! I'm right here!"

He face contorts to show extreme pain and a small cry escapes him. My grip releases and fear takes over me.

I pull away and stumble back, looking at my cut hands. The blood is gone but the pain on Tyler's face is still there.

"I'm sorry. All I do is mess stuff up. I- I shouldn't have came back." I begin sobbing.