38.

Tyler and I end up in a fit of laughter. Laughter bad enough that we have to sit down to just catch our breath, let alone the pain in our stomachs from the laughing.

"I missed this." He tells me, a small, sad smile on his face. "I missed the joking attitude and the laughter. Yours is like wind chimes to my ears. It is beautiful and rare sound."

"I'm gonna buy you wind chimes then, Ty. That's going to be the next present you recieve." I warn him. "And it is going to be the most pretty wind chimes you ever saw."

"You really don't have to get me anything. You're all I need." He leans across the table and kisses me.

I kiss him back and enjoy the taste of his lips. The taste of chocolate and mint. Our kiss continues until someone clears their throat awkwardly. We pull away and look to see a skirmish teenage boy.

"Alpha, there are rogues on the south border." He informs Tyler.

Tyler looks to me and pecks my lips. "I'll be right back. Behave."

"I'm too tired to do anything, don't worry." A yawn at the end adds to my case.

He rolls his eyes and kisses my forehead as he walks past me. "Be nice and behave. You know the drill, love."

This time I roll my eyes. "Yeah yeah. I'll stay right here."

He grins. "Well if you insist, that's even better."

I groan, throwing my head back. "Go kill things, you annoying mate."

He quickly runs out of the hall, the teenager right behind him. My eyes pan to the room full of dominate wolves. They all look like they are having fun.

The dancing is still a popular thing although there are few who have drinks and are talking. It amazes me everytime how there are people who will dance all night and some who will barely shake their hips.

Alcohol. No matter what you are or where you are at, you can always find some. I supplied a bunch but someone spiked the punch on their own. It's like a high school dance, honestly. Well, a sophisticated high school dance if any.

And the people here aren't that childish. Even Cooper isn't, and he is a teenage Alpha. All he drank was three glasses of champagne and a while ago, I learned that werewolves can drink a six pack of cheap beer without feeling much of a buzz.

Tyler told me stories about how Jake used to always drink as much as his wolf would allow and then would have the hangover of the century. He said that he hated having him as a house mate during that time because of the vile smell. I told him about Jack and how Nate were with alcohol and he laughed, comparing them to his best friend.

"So, I found out who spiked the punch." Jack suddenly says from beside me, making me jump.

I look at him. He is grinning like a mad man and I nearly break into laughter. His shirt is untucked, his jacket is missing, his black hair is messy and his blue eyes are glowing.

"His wolf is trying to burn all the alcohol off, master. He won't succeed." My shadows speak.

"Oh, now you show you up? Why do you talk to me when I need clarification?" I nearly snap, feeling them shift around me.

"We are to serve you, if you order us, we will be of use to you, master."

"Who?" I ask Jack, motioning for him to take a seat. He pouts before sitting down, facing me, and grinning widely.

I can nearly feel the buzz coming off of him. It is a tad intoxicating and I kinda want to join him.

"Okay, so some Deltas said that is was Alejandro but some Betas said that is was Cooper. So I went to both Alphas and asked them and they denied it but said they wish they thought of it. I swear that Cooper might have done it because, ya know, he's a teenager and they like to do that at parties. Anyways, I asked a few Lunas that were hanging out there and they said that Aiden did it. So I went to-"