54.

I cry out in pain, swinging my hand like a claw at the nearest man. My eyes are shut tight and I clench my teeth.

I successfully hit someone from the feeling of blood on my hands and the shocked scream.

"Detain her!" Someone shouted.

"Someone get Alpha!" Someone else shouts.

I twist my body to try to escape the hands holding me down only to cry in pain. I feel a prick in my arm and it makes me pause my movements.

I feel the liquid travel through my body, numbing it.

"Doctor, that might not have been a good idea."

"Hush, boy. She will react normally to me." A familiar voice states as the entire room becomes silent except for harsh breathing and the monitors.

I snap my eyes open and a low warning growl escapes my lips. I meet the eyes of Doctor Ethan and he smiles.

"Hello, Luna. I'm glad to see you alive."

I give him a weak smile. "Glad to be alive... still."

"I have to fix all your wounds. Do you think you could act like a normal patient?" He teases before rolling a cart over to me.

"If Tyler is here." I respond in a final tone.

"Already ahead of that." As the sentences finishes, Tyler runs into the room with panicked eyes. His blonde hair is styled messy and his shirt has wrinkles.

He sees the men holding me down and Doctor Ethan holding scissors.

"I don't like hosptials." I inform him.

My mate smiles softly before moving towards me, the nurses scrambling away like bugs in light.

He grabs my wrists and pins them above my head before kissing me softly. My entire body relaxing at his touch.

"Good, I would be worried if you did like them."

I smile back before the liquid in me puts me to sleep.

°•°•

"How did she fight it for so long?" My mate's voice asks.

"Her body was wired on adrenaline and pain, it would only calm down for the touch of a mate."

"How long is she going to stay here?"

"A few hours. I need to ask her questions when she awakens and she might want you here too."

"As if I was going to leave her side anyway."

"Just be glad she got back to us." The doctor states before moving about the room. I feel him check my IVs and monitors.

My mind spins with everything that has happened. Being kidnapped by not only a Mafia but by a pack as well. Vincenzo Girotti. The leader of the Italian Mafia and a pack that nearly rivals my brother's.

And knowing Mafias, they won't stop searching until they find me. They will lay off for many years, but if they want me, they will find me.

I open my eyes and the light nearly blinds me. I squint and look around to see the doctor scribbling on the clipboard while Tyler is sitting on the chair beside me, staring into space.

I lift my hand, gaining the attention of the doctor. I shake my head and poke Tyler's cheek.

He snaps his gaze to glare at me. "I don't like that, you know that."

I look at the doctor and count down with my fingers.

Three... two... one... now.

"Oh my gosh! You're awake!" My mate realizes.