41.

I twist in Tyler's grasp, the need to escape is stong.

The need to hunt down who took my things and harmed my mate, three times as strong as the need to escape. It almost overwhelms me. It begins to mess with the switch in my head, something that isn't good for anyone.

"Summer! No!" Tyler growls out.

"Release me this instant!" I snap.

His hold around me tightens and I basically am trying to escape his grasp without harming him any. Curse him and his wolf advantages. He is stronger than me.

"I have to get my laptop back!" I snarl.

"Why?! How is it so goddamm important?!"

"It has things that can kill you all! It has things my agency knows about! Release me this instant, you son of a bitch!"

I pull against his arms and press my feet against the floor. I hear an intake of air before I'm released, collapsing on the floor. My hands don't have any time to catch me and my legs are twisted.

"Go! Go get your damn laptop of it is so fucking important!" Tyler snaps. I look up at him and see his eyes glowing, his wolf in control. He towers over me and his hands are in fists.

I frown and pull myself up to my feet. I've never seen Tyler furious at me. His eyes hold pure anger and it hurts. I am the one who xaused him this anger.

I silently grab my bow and arrows from under the bed, making sure that I have many arrows. I look at him one more time and the anger is mixed with disappointment.

I look to the floor as I shuffle out of the room.

He has no right to get pissy with me. I am trying to save him. Does he realize that I am doing this to save lives?

I walk down the three front steps and walk to Viktor's side. I hear feet angrily stomping behind me.

"Agent Woods-" Viktor begins.

"Do NOT call her that!" Tyler growls out.

I turn a furious gaze to him. "Just shut the fuck up! You got angry with me over the fact that someone stole my laptop!"

"What?!" Viktor sputters. "Someone stole your laptop?!"

"Yes!" I shout at him. "I need to get it back before they can hack it!"

Tyler reaches out to touch me and a quick move away from him has him standing still, eyes wide and shocked.

"Don't touch me." I spit out.

"Summer-"

"Leave me-"

"Baby-"

"Alone!"

"I love you! I didn't mean to snap!" He shouts at me, trying to gain my attention.

"Too late!" I shout back.

"Agent Woods, I have a trail and I have contacted Agent Richardson. He will be on his way-"

"Who's Agent Richardson?" Tyler asks.

"Jack." I mutter before follow the trail of dead bodies. My feet break into a quick jog. My eyes scan over everybody and mental notes state three things.

One; animals attacked them.

Two; there must have been many rogues.

Three; the men on the floor were tortured briefly before being killed.

I small snarl rips through me and I break into a sprint. My instincts leading me in an unknown direction. Blind rage fills me.

He killed my people, the people I swore to protect. I might be a murderer, a criminal, an assassin, but I will never harm those I love. I will protect them with my soul and the Rogue King just messed with the wrong Queen.