9.

"The light burns?" Tyler asks, walking towards me.

I nod and wrap my arms around me.

"It could be because of the fire." Jack whispers.

"She stayed in there because of you!" Tyler snarls, moving quicker than my eyes notice to pin Jack to the floor by the neck.

Jack is gasping and clawing Tyler's arm as snarls erupt from my mate.

"Alpha, please, I never meant to harm the Luna!" Jack gasps.

"Alpha, your mate is panicking!" Jake yells.

My breathing is quick and I'm slowly backing away. He snapped. Just broke like a non-bending ruler.

Tyler's gaze snaps to me and I see black eyes. My eyes meet his, widening in either shock or fear.

It's both.

He stands and takes a stumbling step towards me. I take a step back.

Jake pulls Jack up behind Tyler and they back away from him.

"Mate." Tyler growls out, taking quicker steps towards me.

I freeze and all hairs stand up on my body. This seems like predator and prey and I know for a damn fact that I am prey.

If I can't hunt then one thing is for certain. I have to run. Run like my life depends on it.

Tyler steps onto the first step and I let pure instinct take over.

A power to fight fills my body and snaps inside me like a switch turned on.

Tyler grabs my wrist and tried to pull me against him. I bring my other hand up to grip his wrist and press my thumb under his hand, right over the vein.

"Summer-"

Jake begins before I leap over my falling mate and through the town.

"Viktor!" Jake and Jack yell.

Three sets of feet thunder after me but I am quicker.

Stamina, running, heavy breathing.

My shoulder twitches and I nearly stumble and fall. I snap my eyes shut as another twitching takes place in my stomach and my left leg.

"Run, run, Summer! The masked man is after you!" A voice bellows out before laughing maniacally.

I turn the corner and come across two other options. Fucking iron mazes. I near a buzzing as footsteps near me. I follow my gut and turn left, following the air current.

"Breathing heavily is such a turn on!" The voice announces again with another round of laughter.

I see a small dent in a wall and jump up, gripping the dent and pulling myself onto the top of the wall. All I see around me is an even bigger room that has no exit.

What I thought was sunlight, but is really lights, shuts off turning the room into complete darkness.

The sound of feet on metal snaps me out of my trance and I focus on the metal under my feet. I leap across platforms and see the shape of a dark pole along the wall. I run over and miss a step.

My foot slips and I hit the wall face first and lay on the floor, dizzy and tired.

Run, I need to run. Stamina, something I need to improve.

I blink and the vision is gone and I am running in the woods with three men chasing after me and a few wolves following, trying to catch me.

"Summer! Please stop!" A voice calls out.

I make a sharp turn and face the direction of the town. And to do that, I have to stop and face all those who were chasing me.

My shoulder twitches back painfully and Jack notices. Thankfully the shadows of the forest create a sense of security.

"Summer? Please, you have to calm down." Jack begs.

"Oh, I'm calm." I pant out.

Little asshole, stop chasing me and I won't run.

"Tyler is locked up right now. You don't have to be afraid anymore." Jake says, walking towards me.

I see a black figure lundge at me before I am tackled to the floor. I look up and see a giant wolf standing over me, staring at me with his green eyes.

So familiar, so pretty.

It's Tyler!

He leans his nose down and pokes my cheek, almost as if to assure himself.

He lays on top of me, hiding me from everyone else. His head snaps to everyone else and snarls.

"Mine!" Tyler snarls, watching them all.

I feel something wet on my face. I reach my hand up only to wipe away tears.

He lays his head on top of my chest and stays there. I try to push him off and I don't succeed. I try to push myself from under him and all I earn is a warning growl.

"Let me go!" I yell, anger evident in my voice.

The black wolf stands and lowers his muzzle towards me. My breathing quickens in response to my panic.

Please don't eat me, please. I never meant to insult you!

A whimper escapes me and I lift my arms to shield my face.

I feel his wet nose move along my shoulder to my back before biting my shirt and lifting me off of the ground.

I gasp. He is carrying me. Carrying me like a puppy.

"Ty, what are you doing?" Jake asks, stepping forward.

Tyler growls in warning, again, and Jake backs away with his hands raised.

Tyler stands to his full height and my toes are barely touching the floor. He begins walking as if I'm not being held captive by him.

I look down in shame as he walks through the town. Purposefully walking through town when I know damn well he could walk around it and avoid everyone.

The wolf's large form creates shade around me, hiding me from the setting sun.

Jake, Jack, Viktor, and a few wolves walk around Tyler to hide us from other people.

"You are taking her with you. She needs to be monitored. None of us expected her to run and then be scared." Jack says to Viktor.

"What does lover boy say?"

Jake speaks up as if announcing what Tyler said. "Do we get to visit her?"

"Yes if everything works out. I have to monitor her for a month and you won't like it so in about a month you can visit her." Viktor responds with a sad tone.

Torture. He is going to torture you!