39.

I walk out of the bathroom, showered and fully clothed with a pair of dark jeans, a light blue tshirt, my white leather jacket, and my hair tied into a braid.

Tyler is sleeping on the bed with one of my pillows tucked under his chest as if I am sleeping there.

I grab the set of keys off of the desk and hear them rattle. It's like music to my ears. I've always had a weird obscession with keys and the noises they make.

Tyler stirs and reaches an arm out, twisting his upper body so his arm is reaching towards the bathroom door but knees are against the bed.

"At least give me a goodbye kiss. If you leave me early in the morning, I want a kiss." He begs in his sleepy voice.

"How can I say no to that?" I respond, ducking down to kiss his forehead. "I love you."

"Love you too. Have a good day at work." He yawns and buries his face into my pillow.

I chuckle and grab my backpack off of the desk chair before walking out of the room and by the front door. I slip my combat boots on and head to the garage, grabbing my truck keys off of the rack before walking to the truck.

I open the giant garage door that allows the truck to leave before climbing in and buckling up. I hear the truck door open as I place the backpack on the backseat.

Jack climbs in and nearly smacks his forehead with mine as he jumps in. We stare wide eyed at each other for a few seconds.

"Hello, Alpha. I decided to go to work today, if I can hitch a ride with you?"

I nod, sitting up straight and starting the truck. "Sure, but you know the drill." I flick the headlights on and shift to reverse.

"You are my ride so I have to stay as long as you do and you might be in a good enough mood that I can get my work done after you've finished yours."

I nod. "You know the drill."

He gives me a grin and nods. "I should hope so. I work with you."

I chuckle and pull out of the garage, looking both ways and making sure nobody is behind me. "So what do you have to do? I probably have a years worth of work to catch up on."

"Actually, two years." He corrects me, clipping his seat belt on.

I nearly slam on the brakes in disbelief before switching to drive. "Two years?!" I almost shout.

He nods and flicks the radio on, switching between stations before giving up. At 5 in the morning, almost no stations have music and are talking shows. I roll my eyes and turn down the road to head towards the freeway.

I watch a few trucks or cars pull out of houses and trail behind me and a few wolves are packed and looks like they are moving.

I scan the the road and look ahead, looking for children on any of the houses.

I was almost ran over once from running into the road to retrieve a soccer ball. Uncle Bruce saved me by running into traffic to grab me. He broke his leg and scared the driver half to death but I was safe... and in one piece.

"So I was thinking we change some rules up." Jack suddenly speaks up.

I pull onto the straight road and speed up. If any of the wolves jump in front of me they are dead.

"Oh really? Like what?"

"I think they should allow men to seduce as well. It's not fair that women get to do more of the... tempting... abilities."

"I like the rules we have right now. If I think they should change then I will change it but until then, we do as I say."

Jake is silent and watches me. His lips are tight and his eyes are glowing. I rest my right hand on the steering wheel and prop my left elbow on the window ledge, my hand resting against my head.