28.

"Climb!" Jake shouts as the ground approaches fast.

"Summer! Climb!" Viktor shouts, pushing me up by my butt.

I quickly shimmy up the rope with the Russian right behind me. I pull myself into the helicopter and see the girl dead in the pilot's spot. I quickly pull her from there and take her spot which is covered in blood. I make a quick scan across the entire front of the helicopter and see three things:

1. There are no bullet holes so she commited suicide or someone tried to kill her.

2. I have no idea what any of these levers, switches, and buttons mean except for the one that is between my legs.

3. We are quickly nose diving towards the base of a mountian.

I grab the cyclic and pull it towards me. The helicopter begins to even out before tipping up.

I scan all the buttons again and see one I recognize, autopilot. I flick the little cover open and press the button. There is no way in hell I will be able to fly this damn thing. The helicopter levels out and flies on its own. I see a small spot that looks like I can put coordinates in and immediately type in the Forest branch's location.

I climb into the back section of the helicopter to see Viktor holding Tyler in a vest, who looks asleep, while Rover is holding Jack in a tight brotherly hug. Nathan is sitting beside Jake, chatting lightly.

The girl I tossed back here is laying on the floor. I check her pulse and find none. I lean forward and feel nor hear any breathing.

I look to Viktor confused and he shrugs, just as confused as me.

"Her parents will want to know. At least we had the honor of meeting her." I speak. I stand and move to pull her to clip her in place but the helicopter lurches bad enough for me to stumble and slip on some blood.

I scream as my heel hits the edge of the helicopter and I'm falling down. Down towards the harsh road.

"Summer!" Voices are faint to me and a need to live kicks in. I see the helicopter fly away as my screams continue.

I have no parachute and the ground is coming close to me. Too close. Way way too close.

I'm actually gonna die. Please. I deserve it. For all the deaths and pain I've caused. I deserve a pain filled death. I've cheated death for so long, it finally came back to get me. 22 years of living. I never got to drink legally. I never got to go into a bar legally. I never got to do a lot of things I've wanted to do. Legally.

I close my eyes and my screaming stops.

I accept you. I'm not afraid of what I deserve.

Something yanks be by the back of my vest, crushing the air out of me at the sudden stop of falling.

I try to gasp in air as I open my eyes to see that I'm floating above the ground as if I was wearing a rappel to break into room with lazers along the floor.

"We got her!" A voice shouts but it's so quiet that the helicopter can't be above me.

"Agent Woods, you have a lot of explaining to do." A voice speaks before I black out.

°•°•°

"Are you planning on cleaning her?" A male voice asks softly.

"No! What if she wakes up?!" A feminine voice freaks out.

"Explain to her that she is in a military base and tell her what we did to help." The man must shrug because I hear metals clink together. "Tell her that we only want to help her."