73.

Tyler's POV

I watch my mate sleep beside me in the car. Her light blue dress reminding me of our disastrous first date but her hand holding mine tells me that we're stronger now than ever before.

The trees fly past us as my free hand is steady on the wheel. The different scenery of a different forest is exactly what my mate needed. The trip up into the mountains though was Jack's idea. Appearently she loves them and I never knew it.

My gaze travels forward to watch the winding road in front of us. The thought of no one else being around is almost relaxing.

"Finally, some alone time with our mate." My wolf purrs.

"Calm yourself, wolf. She needs this break more than anything."

"I know, human, but time alone with her is also what we need."

I chuckle at his impatience. The winding road seems to narrow even more causing my attention to focus on the road more.

I really hope Casey doesn't fuck up too badly while I'm gone. I trusted him enough to watch the pack for the weekend Summer and I are gone on our honeymoon.

"Tyler-" My mate speaks before rubbing her eyes to wake up.

"Morning, love." I lean over and quickly kiss her forehead for snapping my gaze back towards the winding road. "You slept through the entire night part of the drive. We're almost there, just another hour or two."

She sits up and looks out the window, wide eyed. "Are we in the mountains?" Her voice is soft and excited.

"Yes, I heard that you loved them."

She suddenly grips my free arm tightly. "I do!" The grin on her face is contagious.

A sense of accomplishment flashes through me at the thought of making her happy. A prideful puff of my chest also happens but that's from my wolf. Her blue eyes look out over the forest and the mountain ridge in excitement. Even I have to admit that the view looks pretty.

During the entire car drive, whenever we pass by a cliff or around some amazing part of the mountain, Summer perks up and looks around. I even end up stopping at the waterfalls or pretty cliff views for her to take a picture with her phone. She makes me stand beside her and take selfies.

Honestly, this woman confuses me most of the time.

"You're going to live the cabin, love. If your reactions are this excited, I can't wait until you see the place we're staying."

It's a cabin that sits farther back in the forest and there's a trail that leads about two miles to a waterfall. And on one side of the house, it faces a cliff edge allowing whoever is staying there full view of the sunset and the mountains around it. I ran around it a few times to claim it as my territory and made sure there are no other packs nearby. The closest one is the Farewell pack and they are loyal to my ruling.

They swore they would make sure no rogues come near and that no one lingers by, causing my mate to worry. The Alpha swore he would make sure the correct punishment would happen for whoever unsettles their Queen. Hearing that made me swell in pride. My mate is a true Queen in her own way.

"Really?" The grin is obvious in her voice. "How did you find this out?"

"A pink birdie told me." I laugh at my own stupid joke.

"Jack." She mutters in amusement. "Did you like his hair? I did it myself. The two days I couldn't be with you, I tortured my friend and dyed his hair like he was supposed to do a while ago. Jokes on him for thinking that he could get out of our deal."