Chapter 16

*Janice Pov*

I glanced at everyone and saw that even today they all are silent. What is more surprising is even Bhai is silent along with Abby for the past few days since I told them regarding my decision.

I can totally see my parents trying to change my decision so much, but I am not budging at all.

In all this silence my phone rang, making me startle a little as it is already late night, so I don't even know who is calling.

I saw the caller Id and immediately lifted, saying, "Hello?"

"Sorry for calling you at this time, but just got some free time now." He replied.

"It's ok! Anything happened?" I asked him playing with my food.

"I got the court date for tomorrow evening." He replied.

"So early." I mumbled as I thought it will take few more weeks.

"Yeah! I found a small-time slot so got our names registered there. Is that ok?" He asked.

"It is completely ok. We will meet tomorrow directly then." I replied.

"I will not be there at the café I guess. It is not good to see the bride before the wedding day right." He said, and I chuckled.

"Yeah! Good night." I said and hung up when he wished me back.

"Who was that?" Mom asked.

"It is not important. So are you guys ok with my decision?" I asked Mom and Dad.

"No!" They both said.

"Ok!" I mumbled and continued to have my dinner.

After everyone retired to their rooms, I walked towards Bhai's room and knocked on his door.

"Janice! Is everything ok?" Bhai asked frowning.

"I need to talk to you." I replied and walked inside.

"Why are you both so silent since these past few days? You guys didn't oppose or accepted what I said." I said sitting on the bed.

"Because I don't know what to say. On one side, I feel you are hurrying but on the other side, I saw the determination in your eyes, which was not there even for that idiot." Bhai said, and I shook my head.

"I am going to get married tomorrow, and I want you both to be there. But I know Abby needs rest, so at least you are there for me." I said in one breath, and they both looked at me in shock.

"What do you mean?" Bhai asked frowning.

"I am going to get married tomorrow in court, and I want you to be there." I replied properly.

"What? How can I miss your wedding?" Abby asked.

"It's ok Abby. Just some signature and little procedure. You need to take a proper rest, but you can help me pack though." I replied, and she nodded sighing.

"Are you sure Janice? As far as I think our parents will not know about this, right?" He asked.

"Yes for both. So will you be there?" I asked him frowning.

"Ok! But the effect of this decision lies on your shoulders." He replied.

"But why do you really want to marry him?" he asked.

"He needs me." I replied and walked outside their room.

I drifted off into sleeping with only one thought that from tomorrow onwards I would be sleeping in a different room.