Chapter 21

*Janice Pov*

"You will be fine." I mumbled knocking on the door.

"I don't think so." He mumbled back and before I can say anything, the door opened.

"Janice! What a surprise?" Bhai said, smiling and I can understand his surprise because this is definitely not a weekend, and it is the evening after my college timing.

"Abby wanted to meet me." I said and gestured behind me.

He glanced at Adithya and immediately his eyes went wide. I know I think I really made a mistake by pressuring him to be here.

"What is he doing here and that too in uniform? Dad doesn't like it remember?" he asked.

"Today he picked me up from college. He told me that he would drop me and leave, but it is not nice right? Dad needs to start accepting him." I replied, and we both walked inside holding hands with Bhai little nervous but excited to know what happens.

"Dad!" I mumbled when we saw that he is sitting on the couch.

"Janice! You are..." he trailed off seeing Adithya.

Dad just ignored him while he greeted Dad with respect making me frown. I glanced at him, and he nodded understandingly with a smile.

"I will be back soon." I mumbled and left the room squeezing his hand for a second.

"Abby! Whatever you want to say be quick." I said entering her room.

"Someone is in a rush." She said smiling at me.

"Adithya is here and Dad is behaving like Adithya is some Mr.India, and he can't see him." I explained.

"Ouch! That's pretty bad." She said, and I nodded worriedly.

"Look at you worrying about your husband and all." She teased, and I glared at her.

"Now tell me what the matter is." I said and sat before her.

"Ok! I just want you to have this." She said and placed a bag in front of me.

"What's in this?" I asked her frowning.

"Open it!" She replied.

I opened it to see a gorgeous red gown on which I fell in love with two years back, but it was not in stock.

"Abby! Thank you so much." I said smiling.

"Just a small token for your care Janice." She said.

"That's not fair Abby. I took care of my niece not some stranger." I said frowning.

"Ok! Then take it as a marriage gift then. Wear it some time for your husband." She said, and I chuckled.

"Let's go downstairs now. Don't let him suffer." She added and I immediately rushed outside as I forgot about him.

When we both walked inside the living room, we saw that he is sitting calmly and only Bhai is speaking to him.

"Let's just go." I said, frowning, not liking their behavior.

"You didn't even talk to us." Dad said, frowning and Mom entered the room holding a tray with water glasses.

"I thought you were practicing to be quiet today." I mumbled and continued to walk towards him.

"Janice!" Adithya said, shaking his head, making me frown more, but he just made me sit beside him.

"So Adithya, why did you choose this profession?" Dad asked making me groan.