Chapter 18

#After two months#

*Janice Pov*

"How is my cute niece today?" I asked, lifting her and smiled.

"You are early this Sunday." Abby stated.

"Just got bored at home so I came here early today." I said, smiling and played with the baby.

"Janice! Did you have your breakfast?" Mom asked.

"Yes, Mom! Let's just go to church." I replied, and she nodded smiling.

"Have some more Janice. You may get hungry." Dad said and I nodded, sitting at the table.

They both are completely normal towards me, but still didn't accept my marriage. Well they will soon I guess.

These two months passed normally actually without any bumps and all. His parents didn't accept me, and mine didn't accept him.

Every day is the same without any change. We both wake up hearing that hideous alarm and get ready and have breakfast. He leaves, and I leave after some time. We both meet again at the café for a few minutes and continue our day. He returns late, and we have dinner together talking about the day, and that's all.

Nonetheless, I spend most of the weekends here to be with my niece while Bhai and Bhabhi can spend some time with themselves.

"Janice! Wait for two minutes." Bhai said when I decided to leave in the evening.

I nodded and waited up for him near the door, and he returned with his car keys. I smiled and got in his car.

However, he took another road and stopped before a park. I frowned and got out of the car along with him.

"So how is life?" he asked when we sat on a bench.

"Good." I replied, shrugging.

"Do you know you didn't change at all?" He asked frowning.

"What?" I asked him confused.

"You are the same like you are before this marriage. What's the point in getting married when it doesn't affect your life at all?" He asked, and I frowned.

"I am not getting your word's, Bhai." I replied.

"After what that idiot did you get hurt and spend some time to come over it, but that was still there maybe not at the levels that you can cry. Then you chose to get married, but there is no change in you, Janice. You are exactly the same like you were before this marriage. Now do you get it?" He asked.

"I don't know what to say." I replied understanding him.

"You are spending the day like a robot. Change that soon and get a grip of your own life. It has been so much time, so forget that idiot." He said scolding me.

"I don't love him Bhai. If I really love him, then I would have never got married again." I said frowning.

"Then what is pulling you back?" he asked frowning.

"I guess I never tried to change." I replied and realized what a mistake I have been doing.

"Thanks, Bhai. I will get a grip of my life soon." I added hugging him.

"I always know you have at least half of my intelligence." He said, and I smiled getting up.

"Now drop me, dear brother." I said, and he dropped me at home and drove away.

I walked inside the house to see his parents sitting in the lawn. I nodded at them politely and walked inside while they nodded back.

I walked into our room and decided to do some serious talking to him today.

*Adithya Pov*

"Are we going out today?" Rajeev asked entering the room.

"No, Rajeev! I am not in the mood for today." I replied, looking up from the case file.

"What? But we go to bar every Sunday, and you know it." He said frowning and sat before me.

"Yeah! I know that, but like I said I am not in the mood." I said rolling my eyes.

"Is this extra duty tiring you out?" he asked gesturing at the files.

"Yeah! I took it when I couldn't stay idle for a second feeling hurt, but now I am not having any interest to do it." I replied.

"Of course! You are married guy now. You should be staying more time at home and not in the office." He said leaning back.

"Yeah!" I mumbled.

"You are really not trying right?" he asked in a serious tone.

"What?" I asked him frowning.

"You are not trying to make the best of this marriage right?" he asked again.

"It's nothing like that. We are good." I replied.

"Good? Good is not a good thing in a marriage, friend. Even when it is best it has some dangerous situation so good is not at all good." He said, and I frowned understanding his words.

"So whatever I am doing is not a good thing?" I asked him.

"Yes! Look, I signed in the witness section, so I have a right to say this, and I am your friend, so I have a double right. You were stuck in the past Adithya. It's time to move on." He replied and for the first time I saw my friend in serious mode when he is not talking about some criminal or higher official.

"I don't love her anymore, but the things just keep playing in my head." I said sighing.

"So? Don't you have the control on your head? Get a grip on it and give it some other things to play." He said shrugging.

"Do you know? You are the best friend anyone can get." I said smiling at him.

"I know, I know!" He said waving.

"I need to meet our higher official." I said getting up.

"So, no bar?" he asked.

"Not today!" I replied, and he shook his head walking outside.

I talked to Sir and then get down to the work. I continued to do my work without looking at the time.

I need to finish this in any case. When I finished it, I mailed everything to him and leaned back in the chair feeling some relief.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it is past twelve making me stand up immediately. I should have put some check on that stupid clock.

I cleaned the desk and walked outside locking it. I nodded back at my employees and tried to rush to the home.

I got there and opened the door with the extra key to see all the lights are switched off. I slowly crept towards our room not wanting to wake up my parents.

They are talking completely normal to me, so I don't want them scolding me or something. I sighed when I reached our door and placed my hand on the knob to open it...

------------------------------------------------------

hey!! cliffhanger... so what will happen next and dont think too much... ;)

Next is prologue and i am excited but it will be very smalll :D

How is the chap guys??

Comment plz and vote....