Chapter 27

*Janice Pov*

"Let's go somewhere today." Adithya said as I am standing in front of the mirror and brushing my hair.

"Today is Sunday, Adithya." I said, turning towards him.

"And?" he asked, frowning.

"I go to my parent's home." I replied smiling.

"Just miss for today." He said shrugging getting down from the bed.

"I actually go to church right." I said and then his eyes widened a little.

"I forgot about it. I will also come with you." He said taking out his dress.

"Are you sure?" I asked him frowning.

"Yeah!" He replied confidently and after a few minutes, I understood that he is serious.

"Ok! Let us go there directly, and I will inform my family that they need not to wait for me." I said and called Bhai but didn't say anything about Adithya coming with me.

We both reached the church and went inside to meet my family already there in the fifth row. I gestured him to follow me and we both calmly sat beside them.

"Janice! What is he..." Dad started to ask.

"Shh Dad! Don't talk and disturb the devotees." I said stopping him from saying anything.

The prayer passed like everyday except that Adithya just stared at the pastor for so long making me think what he is thinking about at the end.

We both walked outside along with the others and Dad started something, but Bhai stopped him, saying we need to go as so many people will walk outside, and we may even block them.

"We both will just go." I said, looking at them.

"No! Both of you come home." Mom said, and I smiled at her.

"So how was it?" I asked him, placing my hand on his shoulder while he is driving.

"Songs are nice and you sing really well." He replied.

"Why were you staring at the pastor like that?" I asked him not able to stop myself.

"It's just that he is so young, but still has so much knowledge regarding god. That's really great. I felt impressed." He replied.

"Yeah! When his father one day said that his son would start it, we never thought he could be doing this better. He is really great." I said when he stopped in front of my parent's house.

"Can I come with you every Sunday?" he asked surprising me.

"Of course! But only if you want to with your heart. Don't feel pressured to come just because I am going." I replied smiling.

"I will not go there for you. Who are you, Madam?" he asked and I chuckled along with him.

"Come on! They must be waiting with questions." I said, and we both walked inside the house to see everyone sitting in the living room.

We drank some water and then we met nothing, but silence even my niece is sleeping peacefully.

"So what was that? We don't know what to even say." Dad started.

"Actually Dad, we decided to tag along with each other to any holy place." I said, and everyone looked at me shocked along with Adithya.

"What? You mean you would go to the temple?" Dad asked frowning.

"Yeah! He will come to church with us every Sunday, and I will go with him to the temple whenever he goes." I replied.

I waited for him to say any objection or something, but he calmly said, "Good!"