Chapter 25

*Janice Pov*

"I will bring some water." I said, getting up from the lawn where everyone is sitting after the dinner.

When I pour them into few glasses and placed them on the tray, I felt him standing behind me.

"Let me help you." He said, placing his hands on the tray from behind me itself.

I slapped his arms away and held it in my hands. I turned around to see him staring at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I am unable to talk to both of our parents looking into their eyes." That's all I said walking away from him.

Surprisingly, both our parents started conversing with each other, and that's a relief for me. I walked back towards Bhai and Abby where Adithya's friends are also sitting.

"Why is he looking at you?" Rani asked in a whisper, making me look at him sitting beside Bhai and like she said he is staring at me.

"Nothing!" I replied, smiling and then he placed a plate with cake in it in front of me.

"Rani! See he brought a cake piece for you." I said smiling at her.

"He is so sweet guy, and that is the reason I wanted to marry him, even before he got that Parul's proposal, but bad luck, I didn't get the chance." she said and didn't stop while Adithya and Rajeev got up pulling her away.

"Wow!" I said along with Bhai and Abby.

I took their baby from them and played with her while Abby cleared her throat asking, "You are ok with them talking to each other and also with closeness even after hearing that information?"

I turned to see both in some conversation in whispers making me chuckle. I shook my head, smiling and glanced at Abby.

"I trust him like he trusts me." I said smiling.

"Then why did your face fall hearing that?" Bhai asked raising his eyebrow.

"I felt bad and just hoped that she doesn't get too much hurt with the crush thing because I know how much we think and feel at that age." I replied, and he nodded.

"But seriously, we never thought you both would be this comfortable." Abby said.

"Why?" I asked her frowning.

"You both are like alike and that sometimes causes problems or that's what the perception is for many people." she explained.

"Hmm." I mumbled, and we talked about something else changing the topic.

When they all left I took all the waste and put into the garbage while Aunty started taking care of putting the remaining food in the refrigerator.

We both went to our own rooms after locking everything down, nodding at each other normally.

I walked inside to see him sitting down on the bed holding the cake. I smiled and sat in front of him opening my mouth.

He smiled back and put the piece in my mouth. I chewed it with great difficulty, and he frowned seeing that.

"What happened?" he asked worriedly.

"I hate this chocolate flavor." I replied.

"Then why did you order it?" he asked, opening the bottle of water for me.

I took a gulp of water and said, "It is your favorite right."

"Are you fine now?" he asked and I nodded.

"I thought you said you would not eat because you are angry on me." He added.

"Did you ever let me feel angry for longer time?" I asked him back and got up to freshen up a little.