XIX

{ Scott }

Joselynn and I approach Derek's house later that day. I give her a look then look back up at the house.

"I know you can hear me." I lick my lips. "We...we need your help."

We look up seeing storm clouds so we head up to his porch to be protected by the rain. Moments later he opens the door to approach the both of us. His hands stuffed in his leather jacket as usual.

"Okay, I know we were part of you getting arrested and being released that you here to the hunters and also dunno what happened to your sister. But Scott here thinks he did something last plus he actually did do something last night. Scott, explain."

"I had this dream about someone getting hurt, but someone else got hurt. And it turns out that part of the dream might've actually happened. Plus I did something in the locker room at school."

"You think you attacked the driver." Derek just gets out.

"Did you see what I did last night?" I snaps.

"No." Derek answers bluntly while giving Joselynn a few glances.

"Can you just tell us the truth?" Joselynn huffs. "Are we gonna hurt someone?"

"Yes."

"Could we kill someone?" Scott asks this time.

"Yes."

"Are we gonna kill someone?"

"Probably. Joselynn's smarter though. So, is your girlfriend. You're the only one attacking people. I saw the locker room thing, Scott."

I start freaking causingJoss to give me a hug. Trying to tell me it's going to be okay. That we're gonna get through this. One way or another.

"Look, I can show you how to remember. I can show you how to control the shifts, even on a full moon. You'd still be omegas, but at least you'd have control. But...it's not gonna come for free."

I shake my head while leaning against Joss, "What'd you want?"

"You'll find out." Derek nods. "But for now I'm gonna give all three of you what you want. Go back to the bus, go inside, see it, feel it. Let your senses: sight, smell, touch; let them remember for you."

"That's it?" I look up. "Just go back?"

"Do you wanna know what happened?" Derek questions.

"We just wanna know if he was the one that hurt him. He can't live with that much guilt."

"No, no you don't." Derek shakes his head. "You just wanna know if you'll hurt her more."

I give him a look knowing he was right. Knowing that all I wanted to know is if I'd hurt Aria more. That's all I wanted to know.

"Well, plus the other girl." Derek nods.

Allison. I was scared for Allison too. I didn't want her to turn out like Aria did. I dunno how I'd live with myself if that happened.

{ Joselynn }

"Hey." I walk into Aria's room. She looks up from some homework Stiles had brought home for her and smiles.

"Hi." she moves her position so her legs were from under her.

"Are you okay?" I sit down beside her and look at the various papers. "That's 23 actually." I point at an Algebra 2 problem.

"Oh, oops." she laughs and changes the problem. "Where'd Stiles go?"

"He's taking Scott to the school to go look at the bus. Derek told him to do some weird stuff. I thought I'd just stay with you. I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted to go. Not prepared to face Scott I assumed."