Chapter 8 - Your Heart

Steve's POV

Steve didn't want to leave her with Howard, but he also didn't want to cause any problems between them. He could tell she didn't want him to leave but he had no choice. When he rounded the corner he stopped and looked back at them. He watched as they got into Starks car and drove off. He leaned back against the building and shook his head. "What am I doing?" he says as he looks up into the sky. He turns and starts to head down to the nearest bar. Good thing there is a little one just a couple bars away. As he walks through the door he notices a familiar face. Her neatly bobbed brown hair gave her away. He smiled as he walked over to her. "Agent Carter?" he says as he nears her. She turns and smiles back at him.

"Captain, how nice to see you." 

"Likewise, mind if I join you?" he asks as he motions to the seat next to her. 

"Of course not, have a seat." He sits down beside her. 

"What brings you to this side of town?" he asks as he looks down at his hands. 

"I'm afraid that's classified information." 

"Oh really?" he says as the bartender hands him his drink. She smiles and takes a drink if her drink. 

"I was actually trying to find you. The colonel wanted me to tell you that we leave the day after tomorrow for Europe." 

"Finally," Steve says as he takes another drink of his beer. 

"So best say your farewells now." Agent Carter says as she stands to leave. "Goodnight Captain."

 "Goodnight Agent Carter." She smiles at his as she walks away.

When she is gone Steve looks down into his beer and Maddy comes across his mind. "I wonder what Stark and her are doing?" he says to himself. The previous events of the night start to flood his mind. "Steve Rogers, I love you." The sentence plays on repeat in his mind. 'Bucky was right. Why didn't she say anything before?' he finishes his beer and pays for his beer. 'I'll just wait for her at her apartment.' Steve quickly walks back to her apartment building and up the stairs to her room. After a few minutes of knocking on her door he realizes she is still out with Howard. "I have to know." He says as he sits down in front of her door and quickly falls asleep.