Chapter 40 - The End

Days have passed since that fateful day. We are here in central park to say goodbye to Thor and Loki. As Tony and the gang say goodbye to Thor I walk over to Loki who has a mask over his face to keep him from talking I say, "Although you almost murdered my son, I still do not think you are this evil. You need to stop thinking that you are above everyone else and that father loves Thor over you. Papa Odin loves both of you equally, why would he have raised you as his own, loved you, and taught you right from wrong if he hadn't; and don't say it's because you are Laufey's son because that is just a bunch of crap." I look at everyone's smiling faces and then turn to Loki. "When you return to Asgard I want you to think long and hard about everything and then maybe in the future if you change I will reconsider returning to Asgard with you." His eyes widen and I reach up and kiss him on the forehead. "Farewell my old friend." Before Thor and they saw what I did I turned and walked back over to them where Thor welcomed me with a giant bear hug.

"Are you certain you will not return with us dear sister?"

 I smile and say, "Yes Thor, for now this is where I belong. My family is here." He smiled and hugged me then he turned away and walked over to Loki and before they vanished into the blue light Loki's and my eyes met. When they were gone I wrapped my arm around Steve's back, and smiled up at him. We all say our goodbyes and head off into different directions, the last ones to leave are Tony, Steve, Bruce, and me. I walk over to Tony and wrap my arms around his neck. 

"Don't forget we have dinner plans next Friday to discuss your childhood and my past." He smiles and says, "I look forward to it." I kiss Bruce softly on the cheek and then wave as they drive off. 

"I see you're falling into the role of mother perfectly." I smile and wrap my arms around him. 

"Steve, will you take me away from here?" 

Steve pulls away and says, "But you have a date with your son?"

 I smile and say, "Not until next Friday." He smiles back down at me and then I feel his soft lips against mine and I smile to myself. When we finally pull away from each other, we quickly make our way to his motorcycle. After he gets on and starts it I climb on the back and hold on tight as we drive off into the sunset, and into our new lives. Just the two of us.

The End... For Now!!!