Chapter 29 - Trading Cards

"I mean if it's not too much trouble." 

"No, no, it's fine." 

"It's a vintage set, took me a couple of years to collect them all. Near mint, a little faxing around the edges but,"

 "Gotta hit 67% match!" one of the computer guys call out causing everyone to walk over to him. "No wait cross match 78%" 

"Location?" Coulson asks as he stands right behind him. 

"Stuttgart Germany, 28 coolinstraza. He's not exactly hiding." 

"Captain, you're up." Fury says and I lead Steve to where his Uniform is hanging. I leave him to change as I go and put on my midnight blue Shield uniform. When we reconvene at the jet I smile and look him up and down. "Looking good there cap." He smiles back at me and says, "Likewise Maddy." I look back to see Nat walking up to us in her black widow uniform. "You two seemed to have made up." I blush and we load up into the jet and head to Germany.

Halfway there Coulson calls me and says, "Maddy, Fury neglected to tell you that the target is Thor's brother." I freeze my eyes wide with fear. I walk to the back of the jet next to pod bay doors and say, "Are you sure?" 

"Yes, I just thought you should know. I know that you know them, is this going to compromise your mission?" 

I take a deep breath as I say, "No, I must do what I can to protect the world. Has Thor showed up?"

"No, do you think he will?" I run my empty hand through my long dark hair and say, "I have no doubt in my mind. Thank you Phil."

 "No problem Maddy." Then I hang up and look down at my wrist and see the scar that has haunted my dreams for the past three hundred years. My mind goes back to the first time I ever met Thor and his brother Loki.

I was a child back then my brother had taken me to Scotland with him after our parents had died. When we arrived a group of men jumped us and tried to kill us for our money. They stabbed my brother then moments later they noticed that my brother could heal no matter what they did to him. One of the men grabbed me by my hair and said, "I wonder if the wee one heals too." Then he brought his dagger down on my wrist slicing the skin. Blood started to gush from my wrist and I started to feel sick and lightheaded. My brother runs over to me and wraps his coat around my wrist and tries to stop the bleeding. I look up to see the panic in his eyes. I start to feel the tears start to pour down from my eyes. "I'm fine bubby, please don't cry." I say as I lift my hand up to touch his hand. The men around us suddenly grab my brother and jerk him away from me. "James!!" I cry out as they start to pull me away down the street. "No!! Maddy!! Give her back to me!" he said as he jumps up and his claws come out from in between his knuckles and he jumps on one of the men killing him instantly. I try to free myself by kicking at the man but he hits me in the back of the head knocking me out.