Chapter 34 - Access Denied

Tony's POV

He watches as Agent Howlett leaves the room then turns back to Banner and says, "You ever have déjà vu?" Banner shook his head and started doing some calculations on the monitors. "This is really gonna bug me." Tony says as he walks back over to where Banner is standing. 

"Why don't you access her personal file if you're so curious?" Tony looks at Banner and smiles. "That was the last thing I thought you'd say. But it is a good idea." Banner smiles and then goes back to work on Loki's scepter. Tony walks over to a monitor and types in Maddy's name and hits enter. When her file loads it flashes access denied, and he turns toward Banner. "Well this is new?" Banner turns toward his and says, "What's new?"

 "I can't access her file, but every other agent I type in, their file pops up." Banners shrugs his shoulders and looking back at the monitor Tony says, "Hurry up Jarvis." Then he turns and returns to helping Banner with the scepter.

Maddy's POV

I find Steve walking toward the lower decks and I holler out to him. He turns and stops. "Where you going?" I ask when I reach him. 

"Maddy I'm sorry but something is fishy here, and if you won't tell me what's going on; I'm going to find out for myself." 

I sigh and look up into his blue eyes and say, "Steve I'm just an assassin. I don't know anything about Fury's secrets." 

He looks down into my eyes and says, "Maddy, how do you know Thor and Loki?"

 I sigh and looking down at my hands I tell him the story of how I met Odin and how he took me Asgard and my meeting the princes. When I finished my story he reaches out and pulls me into a hug and holds me tight. 

"Maddy!" I hear someone say and I turn to see Thor walking toward us. "

Hi Thor." He smiled down at me then looks at Steve and says, "Hello Captain." Steve nods and says, "Hello Thor." Thor looks down and smiles, "May I converse with you for a moment Maddy." I look up at Steve and say, "Can you excuse me for a moment?" he nods and I walk over out of hearing range of Steve and say, "What's wrong Thor?" I say as I look up into his pale blue eyes.

"Maddy, I fear that Loki might try to turn you." I blink my eyes and say, "What do you mean?" he looked back over at Steve and says, "Loki asked father and Heimdall about you every day for these past years since you departed Asgard. Now that he knows you are still alive he may try to convince you too be his." 

I look back at Steve and say, "Thor, you don't have to worry about a thing. I am already in love and I don't plan on losing him again." He smiles as he pulls me into a bear hug and says, "I am proud to call you my sister." I hug him back and then we walk back over to Steve. 

"Mortal man, take care of my sister or the consequences shall be severe." Steve smiled into my blue eyes as he said, "It will be my pleasure." I smile back up at him and then my headpiece goes off and touching the mic button I say, "Howlett here."

"Maddy Fury wants you to try and get Loki to break." Coulson says from the other end of the headpiece. I take in a deep breath and say, "I'm on my way." I look up at Thor and Steve and say, "Fury wants me to talk to Loki." 

"Do you think that wise?"

 I shrug my shoulders and say, "I don't know Thor. But they are orders, I have to obey them." Steve reaches down and takes my hand, "If you need me just let me know." I smile and then start to walk away. "I shall accompany you." Thor says as he follows after me. I look back to see Steve start to head toward the restricted level and just keep walking. I want to know what Fury is hiding also. "Thor, I would like to confront Loki on my own. Do you mind waiting on the bridge?" he looks down at me and thinks for a moment then sighs, "I shall await your arrival." He kisses my cheek then disappears down the hall. I take a deep breath then make my way to the holding cell. I slowly walk up on him and he just sits there not noticing me.