Chapter 30 - Odin

When I awake I'm tied to a rock on a cliff overlooking the ocean, I look around trying to find my brother but with no luck. I look up to see one of the men standing over me with a sword about to kill me. "Odin all father, I kill this abomination in your name!" he cries out to the sky. Tears start to pour from my eyes as I scream out, "Oh God please no! Please I just want my brother!! I wanna go home!!" I scream as the guy brings his sword down toward my neck. I let out one final scream, all the sudden a flash of light appeared and I hear someone say, "You insolent coward. Who are you to decide who must die?!"

 I look up to see an old man with white hair looking down at me. He was dressed in weird clothes. I see the man that was about to kill me, his face turns white and he drops the sword and runs. The white haired man looks down at me and quickly removes my bonds. 

"Are you alright child?" tears still pouring from my eyes I say, "Yes sir, I'm ok." 

Then I pull my arm into my lap and hold it close to me. "Are you wounded child?" I nod wiping my eyes dry. He leans down in front of me and unwraps my brother's jacket from my arm. He looks down at my arm and as soon as he does it heals. He smiles and says, "You are destined for greatness young one." I smile and look around.

"Your brother is just fine. I would like to take you to Asgard with me. Is that alright?" I look around and nod. He lifts me up into his great bug arms and then there is another flash of light. When I open my eyes I see a beautiful kingdom. I look up at him and smile as I nuzzle myself next to his chest. It reminds me of when my father used to hold me. I quickly fall asleep. When I awake I see a young boy with blonde hair sitting at the foot of my bed. 

"Who are you?" I say as he stands up. 

"I am Thor Odinson, who might I ask is thee?" 

I look into his deep blue eyes and say, "My name is Maddy, it's nice to meet you Thor." He smiles at me and I smile back. I spent the next few days on Asgard with Thor and his family. Frigga was always close to me, saying I was the daughter she never had. She would always brush my hair and rock me to sleep in her arms. Thor and I were always together, he was like the greatest friend I have ever had. When I met Loki he was in the courtyard reading a book, I walked over and sat next to him. 

"What do you want mortal?" he says not looking up from his book. 

I look away from him and say, "I was just curious as to what you were reading?" 

He rolls his eyes and says, "What would a mere mortal know about the nine realms?" 

I smile and say, "I don't know anything about the nine realms other than you live on Asgard and I live on Midgard, or at least I used to." I look up at the stars and a single tear falls from my eye. 

"If you want to cry please go do it somewhere I am not." I reach over and slap him across the face. "Are you completely incompetent, how dare you strike a son of Odin?" I stand and face him, "How can you be so greedy and self-centered? You have the ugliest heart, I hope you never become king." He stands and walks over to me and slaps me across the face. 

"You disgusting mortal," Tears start to form in my eyes and I fall to the ground in front of him and cry. "This is your true state mortal." I look up at him and see his face turn from one of disgust and hatred to one of panic and love. "Maddy, I am sorry. Please do not cry." He leans down and wraps his arms around me. His embrace turns from one of ice to one to loving warmth. The next couple of days Loki, Thor, and I were always together.