Chapter 37 - Full tailed Diva

I am completely aware of what's happening but I can't control my mouth or my body. "Now Maddy, would you join us on the jet please we have somewhere to be." 

"Yes Loki." I say as my fire and wings disappear and I take a seat and then we head off.

Steve's POV

"They're here, they called it." Steve hears Fury say and he looks down at the wrecked floorboard. Coulson was a good man, he didn't deserve to die. Steve thinks to himself as he makes his way up to the bridge. Then it hits him, he had heard Maddy yell at Loki and then her mic went silent. Where is she? He thinks as he looks around the table to see Tony sitting a couple seats away. "Agent Romanov has retrieved Agent Barton. He is being debriefed as we speak." Fury says as he fiddles with something in his hands. 

"Director Fury, what about Maddy?" 

Fury clenches his jaw and says, "Agent Howlett has been compromised, and she is with Loki." Steve's mouth goes dry and he looks over at Tony who is looking off in the distance. Fury makes a speech and then throws Coulson's cards at him and he stiffens at the blood on them. Steve is about to say something when Tony jumps up and walks off the deck. Fury is about to follow him when Steve says, "I'll go talk to him." Fury nods and Steve hurries after Tony. He finds him making his way to the detention level and runs up beside him. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Steve says as he follows in step with Tony. "Not really," Tony says as he speeds up and walks into the detention cell that had held Loki and looks around.

Tony's POV

Tony looks down into the hatch that opened dropping Thor from the sky and closes his eyes. "What were you thinking?" he says as he looks over at the bloodstained wall. Tony's mind goes back to the last things Maddy had told him. 

'Steve has every right to be mad, and so do you Tony. I'm a mutant Tony. I will most likely outlive everyone in this room with the exception of Thor. I didn't think I could get pregnant and when I did I panicked. I couldn't raise a child, especially when I never grow old. Your father and I decided it would be best if he and Maria raised you.' 

Tony walks up the ramp and looks down the hole and sighs. "Was he married?" he hears Steve say from across the room.

"No, there was a cellist... I think?" Tony says not looking at him. 

"I'm sorry; he seemed like a good man." Steve replies. 

"He was an Idiot." Tony says as he turns to face Steve. 

"Why, for believing?"

 "For taking on Loki alone." 

"He was doing his job." Tony turns and starts to walk toward Steve. 

"Ugh, he was outta his league. He shoulda waited." 

"Sometimes there isn't a way out Tony." 

"Right, I've heard that before." 

"Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?" 

"We are not soldiers! I'm not marching to Fury's fife." 

"Neither am I, he's got the same blood on his hands that Loki does; but right now we've got to put that behind us and get this done. Now Loki needs a power source if we can put up a list," 

"He made it personal."

 "That's not the point." 

"That is the point that's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live, why?" 

"To tear us apart." 

"Yeah divide and conquer is great but, he knows he has to take us out to win right. That's what he wants. He wants to beat us; he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience." 

"Right I caught his act in Stuttgart." 

"That was just previous, this is opening night. Loki is a full tailed diva he wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built to the skies with his name plastered..." then it hits him, he knows where Loki and the Tesseract are. "Son of a bitch." He takes off past Steve when Steve grabs his arm and says, "What about Maddy?" Tony freezes and looks back into Steve's eyes and says, "I don't know." Steve releases his arm noticing to sadness in his voice, and watched as he walked away down the corridor.