Chapter 35 - Loki

"You wanted to see Me." he turns and smiles his sinister smile at me. "My dear precious Madeline, oh how I've missed you." 

I walk closer to the cell and say, "Loki, why do you want to destroy Earth?" 

He walks over to the glass and says, "I wish to rule Earth. Mortals were made to be ruled by us higher beings."

 "Loki, I'm a mortal. Do you wish to rule over me as well?" 

His face turns angry and he says, "You are not a mortal! You are an Asgardian, and you shall rule the world by my side." 

I stand firm and say, "No Loki I will not. I will not stand by and watch you destroy my home and everyone I love. I used to love you when we were kids because I knew how you felt living in Thor's shadow but this is ridiculous. Stop acting like an immature child and grow up."

 He walks over to the glass and I can see the fury in his eyes, "Your home is on Asgard! The mortal world will never accept what you are!" I tilt my head in confusion and he continues saying, "Barton told me all about Magneto and your little accident. How does it feel knowing that your son will never know you?" My hair starts to blow in an unseen wind.

"Watch yourself Loki." I say as my eyes start to turn red with anger. 

"I see that Barton was right. Does the man out of time know what you truly are? You're just like me a monster that people tell their children about."

Balls of fire start to form in my hand and I say, "Loki, stop! I swear on our father I will kill you!" 

"Odin is not my father!" he screams back at me. "Did Thor not tell you of my true lineage? Remember how Frigga used to tell us stories of the frost giants. Funny how I indeed turn out to be a frost giant." The fire in my hands disappears. 

"What? Why would papa Odin do that?" 

"Laufey let Odin take me just like you let Howard and Maria take your son!" My face turns white and I start to panic. "Barton told me all about how The Ironman is in fact your son!" I step back and tears start to form in my eyes, "Loki," 

"He will never love you like I do, Maddy. He is still in love with Peggy. You shall only be happy if you are with me." I open my mouth to say something but I just turn and start to walk away. "Maddy, I still love you and I always have, ever since the day you crawled into my bed the day before you left to return to Earth. When I take over and rule please join me."

 I stop and turning back to him I say, "I will never love you like I love Steve." Then finding my anger I continue saying, "Loki, tell me where Barton and Selvig are!"

 he smiles, "Why do you love him also?" I smile and reveal my true form. 

My wings pop out of my back and fire surrounds my body. "He is a dear friend, and so is Selvig. Now tell me where they are!"

 "How dare you order me around? I will never tell you where Barton is." I am about to lose my temper when Nat chimes through on my headset and I turn and returning to my mortal form I leave. When I exit the room Nat is walking toward me. "Just so you know, Fury had the cameras on, everyone saw and heard your conversation."

 I freeze in my footsteps. "Steve and Tony?" She nodded and I fell to the floor in front of her. She leaned down and wrapped her arms around me. "I'm sorry Maddy." 

I wrap my arms around her and say, "It's not your fault. I should have told everyone the truth a long time ago." A few moments later she walks in to the room holding Loki. I fold my arms over my legs and bury my head into my legs. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I jump to see Nat looking down at me.

"Come on Maddy, we need to go. Loki's planning on releasing the Hulk." I jump as the thought of Tony getting hurt by the Hulk pops into my mind. I quickly stand up and we make our way to the lab. When we arrive Thor, Steve, and Fury are there waiting for us with Tony and Bruce. "See the glorious liar graces us with her presence." Tony says and I stop. 

"Have care how you speak, Maddy may have done wrong but she is my sister and she is also your mother." Thor says as he walks over and stands beside me. 

"Oh really, I feel I should be able to talk to her how I want." Steve walks over and stands on the other side of me, "Watch it Stark." 

"What you're defending her now. A minute ago you were so mad you couldn't even look at the screen."

 I look up at Steve and say, "Steve has every right to be mad, and so do you Tony." I look back over at Tony who was standing next to Bruce. "I was young, I'm a mutant Tony. I will most likely outlive everyone in this room with the exception of Thor. I didn't think I could get pregnant and when I did I panicked. I couldn't raise a child, especially when I never grow old. Your father and I decided it would be best if he and Maria raised you." Tony looked down at a piece of equipment she didn't know as Fury says, "Enough with the family reunion, Stark what are you doin?"