Chapter 28 - The Helicarrier

Maddy's POV

Maddy walked over to them and glanced over to see Natasha walking to meet them. "Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers." Coulson says as he introduces them. 

"Ma'am." 

"Hi." Then she directs her next sentence to Coulson, "They need you on the bridge, they're starting the face trace." Coulson nods and then hands me my suitcase. I take my suitcase and say thank you as he walks away. 

"Shall we?" I say as I motion for them to follow me.

 "It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. Thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America Trading cards yet?" I let out a small giggle and Steve smiles as he says, "Trading cards?" 

"They're vintage, he's very proud." I turn away to seen Dr. Banner fumbling around and I walk over to him but before I could say anything I hear Steve say, "Dr. Banner!"

 "Oh yeah hi, they told me you'd be coming."

 "Word is you can find the cube." 

"Is that the only word you hear on me?" 

"The only one I care about." 

Banner smiles and says, "Must be strange for you, all this?"

 "Well this is actually kind of familiar." 

Nat chimes in with, "Gentleman you might wanna step inside. It's gonna get a little hard to breathe." Then the sirens go off and me and Nat smile at each other as the boys walk toward the edge of the Carrier. I look over at Steve to see the confusion on his face, "Is this a submarine?" 

"Really, they want me in a submerged pressurized metal container." Then the engine pops out revealing that it is a large flying sub. "No this is much worse." 

"Gentlemen, Please follow me." I say as we turn and head down to the bridge. When we make it to the bridge I set my briefcase down on the table and walk over to where Fury and Hill are standing. I glance over to see Steve marveling at all the gadgets and Bruce stand back out of the way.

"Sir, Banner and Rogers are here." I say as I stand beside him. Fury nods and turns around and walks toward them. "Gentlemen," Fury says as Steve meets him and hands him a ten dollar bill. I tilt my head in confusion then  smile as Fury smiles. I watch as Fury walks over to Banner and holds out his hand for Banner to take. "Doctor, thank you for coming."

"Thanks for asking nicely. So uh, how long am I staying?" 

"Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the clear."

 "And where are you on that?" Fury points to Coulson who had just come up from down stairs, "We are sweeping every accessible wirelessly camera on the planet. Cell phones, traffic cams, laptops; if it connected to a satellite its eyes and ears for us." 

Widow walks up beside me and says, "Still not gonna find him in time."

 "You have to narrow your field," Bruce says as he takes his coat off. "How many Spectrometers do you have access too?" 

Fury chimes in by asking "How many are there?" 

"Call every lab you know tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm basic cluster recognition. At least we can rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?"

 "Agent Romanoff, would you show Dr. Banner to his lab?" Nat walks away from me and starts to escort Banner to the lab. "You're gonna love it doc, we've got all the toys."