Chapter 36 - Let it Begin

Tony walks over to the other side of the room and says, "Um kinda been wondering the same thing about you." 

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract." 

"We are, the models locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. We get a hit we'll have the location within half a mile." Banner says and moments later we are all arguing and then BOOM!

I'm thrown through the window along with Nat and Banner only I make it to the bridge and they fall a few decks below. I awake a few minutes later by Thor shaking me. "Maddy, please awaken!" 

"Thor what's going on?" he lifts me to my feet as he says, "The Helicarrier is under attack." 

My eyes widen and I immediately think to Loki. Without any other word I start to run to the detention deck when I hear the Hulk roar. I freeze and remember Nat was with him. "Nat!" I scream, turn, and with Thor close behind me we run to Nat's rescue. I hear fury shouting orders into my earpiece and a weight is lifted when I hear Steve and Tony are alright. We arrive right as Hulk is about to crush Nat. I quickly wrap my arms around Nat to protect her fragile human body.

When I hear Thor clash with Hulk I look up to see Thor nod at me and I quickly make Nat move. When we are safe I sit Nat down in front of me and try to get her to look me in the eyes. "Natasha Romanov, you look at me this instance!" I order and as she looks up into my eyes I see the fear and panic in hers. "Oh Nat!" I exclaim as I wrap my arms around her and say, "Nat its ok your safe now. I won't let anything hurt you." I lift her chin up so she is looking me in the eyes and smile.

She smiles back at me and then we hear Fury say that Barton was on the Helicarrier leading the attack. I look at Nat and nod she nods back and says to both me and Fury, "This is Agent Romanov, I'm on my way." Moments later I find myself standing behind Thor as he runs toward an escaping Loki screaming, "No!" I watch as Thor goes through Loki like he was just a hologram, I rush toward Thor but the door locks behind him and I turn to see Loki standing next to the control panel. "Are you ever not going to fall for that one?" 

An angry Thor bangs his hammer against the cage cracking the glass. The hinges start to move to drop the cage out of the sky. Loki smiles and says, "Humans think us immortal, shall we test that?" I run to the cage and look for a way to open it when I hear Coulson say, "Move away please." I look at the gun he is holding and smile as I look back to Loki. "You like this? We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does, wanna find out?" Then I hear Coulson let out a painful gasp and I turn to see Loki stabbing Coulson in the back with his scepter. "No!" Thor and I exclaim in unison. Loki walks away from him and back to the control panel and I run over to Coulson. The next thing I know the opening below Thors cage opens and before I have a chance to do anything Loki presses the button sending Thor falling to his death.

"'No!" I scream and then look at Loki tears starting to pour down my face. "You're gonna lose." I turn back to see Coulson breathing heavily. "Am I?" Loki says as he turns back to face us. "Will I?" Remaining perfectly still I hear Coulson say, "It's in your nature." 

"Your heroes are scattered, your flying fortress falls from the sky, where is my disadvantage?" 

"You lack conviction." Loki starts to say something when Coulson fires the gun sending Loki flying backwards through a wall. "So that's what it does." I try not to laugh as I try to stop the bleeding. Moments later Fury pushes me aside as he talks to Coulson. I watch as Coulson breathes his last breath and a sudden rage burns inside my body. I turn and take off after Loki. When I reach the landing platform I see Loki walking toward a jet and my body erupts in flames and my wings explode from my back. Before he makes it to the jet I throw a fireball at his back. 

"Loki you spoiled rotten asshole!" he turns and walks back over to me with a wicked smile on his face. 

"Maddy, won't you ever learn?" he walks over and stands in front of me as he says; "I will always win. Those mortals mean nothing to me." 

"But they mean everything to me!" I yell as I reach up and punch him in the face hard enough to make him stumble backwards. When he turns back to face me he is smiling. "You never change, always strike first ask questions later." I rush toward him and he reaches up and grabs me around the throat pinning me up in the air. The fire surrounding me start to grow wildly but it doesn't seem to bother him. "Maddy, you will rule beside me as my wife and companion. When I'm done with you, the soldier you are so in love with will mean nothing to you. He along with everyone else in your memory shall fade away." My face whitens with fear. "You wouldn't dare?" I say as I look down into his ice eyes. "Oh I would." He says as he reaches the tip of his scepter up to my chest and the world goes dark.