Chapter 38 - Deploy!

Maddy's POV

"Are you ready to rule beside me?" Loki asks as we step off the jet onto the roof of stark tower. I feel a smile cross my face as I say, "Yes, my lord." Loki smiles, and then taking my hand he leads me into Tony's office. I look around and see a picture of Howard and Maria and I start to feel my body fighting for freedom from Loki's spell. "Maddy, what are you looking at?" Loki says as he walks up beside me. I turn to see him looking down at Howard's picture scowling. 

Picking up the picture frame he turns to me and says, "I can see why you gave yourself to him, but that part of your life is over. Will you excuse me while I destroy this." My body convulses as my mind screams, "No!" he tosses it on the floor and the glass inside the frame shatters. I want to cry but the tears don't come. I look back over just in time to see him raise his scepter up to destroy the picture and I snap my body becomes my own again and I jump forward and rescue it right before Loki fires. I look down at Howard's smiling face and my body starts to glow with fires of blue. "That isn't possible." Loki says as he takes a step back. A sudden rage feels my body and I close my eyes.

Visions of me as a child with Loki and Thor flash through my mind and I reopen my eyes and smile a vicious smile. "Maddy, before you do anything rash let me explain." 

I walk over to him and say, "Your words are nothing but poison to the listener, I can take you hurting me but the one thing I cannot and will not allow is you threatening the ones I love." 

He takes a step back, lifts his scepter back up, and smiles a sneaky smile. "Now Maddy, you don't think you can defeat me do you?"

 I let out a little laugh and say, "You really think that scepter will work on me? You know better than that, I'm not normal remember." The blue flames start to rage around me and my wings burst out from my back and I turn to marvel in their deep blue color.

 "I guess since this stick will not do, I must resort to a much more Jouton way." He quickly reaches into his robes and pulls out a chest that quickly encases me in ice. "It is a shame that you cannot join in my glorious moment. My dearest Madeline." The he turns and walk out onto the balcony. I watch as he walks away then I try to free myself from my ice encasement. Moments later I see Tony walk through the door leading from the balcony.

Tony's POV

When Tony walked through the balcony door into his office the last thing he expected to see was Maddy encased in ice. He quickly turns his attention back to Loki and walking over to his liquor bar says, "Actually I plan to threaten you." 

"You should have left your armor on for that." 

"Yeah... seen a bit of mileage and you got the glow stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?" 

"Stalling me won't change anything." 

"No, no, no threating; no drink you sure? I'm having one." Loki walks over to the window and says, "The Chittari are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?" 

"The Avengers..." Loki looks at him confused and Tony continues, "It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. Earth's mightiest hero's type thing." 

"Oh I've met them." 

"Ch-ya takes us a while to get any traction I'll give you that; but let's take a headcount here. Your brother the demi god, a super soldier a legend who kind of lives up to the legend, a couple of master assassins, a man with breath taking anger issues, and you big fella have managed to piss off every last one of them." Loki smiles and says, "That was the plan."

"Not a great plan. When they come, and they will; they'll come for you." 

"I have an army." 

"We have a Hulk." 

"Oh, I thought the beast wondered away?" 

"You're missing the point, there's no throne. There's no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us but it's all on you. Cause if we can't protect the world you can be dammed sure we'll avenge it." Loki sneered and slinked toward him while saying, "How will your friends have time for me, when they're so busy fighting you?" he reaches his staff up to Tony's chest and you hear a ting. Nothing happens. Loki tries again, and still nothing happens. 

"This usually works." Loki says as he looks up at Tony in a dumbfounded look.

 "Well performance issues, not uncommon one out of five..." Tony is cut off by Loki grabbing him around the throat and throwing him across the room toward the balcony windows. As Tony stands back up he says under his breath, "Jarvis, any time now." Loki once again grabs him around the throat, "Jarvis deploy," Loki lifts him up in the air and Tony manages one last word before he is thrown out of the window. "DEPLOY!"