Chapter 31 - Old Memories

Odin came to me one night and told me that I would be returning to Earth in the morning and I nodded. That night I snuck into Loki's room and climbed in bed with him. "Maddy, what is wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" I shake my head as I say, "No, papa Odin says I have to return to Earth tomorrow. I just wanted to spend one last night with you big brother." He smiles and wraps his arms around me. I lay next to him and we stay up half the night talking, then I hear Thor sneak into the room and I smile. 

"Brother is Maddy in here with you?" 

"Yes Thor." He says and then Thor climbs into Loki's bed and lies behind me. They wrap their arms around me and we quickly fall asleep. I awake to the sound of men rushing around outside Loki's door. I open it to see Odin walking toward me. "There you are Maddy; Frigga was so worried about you when she didn't find you in your room." 

"I'm sorry; I just wanted to spend one last night with Loki and Thor. I am really going to miss them." he smiles as he lifts me up into his arms and carries me back into Loki's room. He lies me back down in-between them and smiles. "Sweet Dreams Maddy." He says as he covers us up and leaves the room.

The next morning Loki, Thor, Frigga, and Odin walk with me to the end of the bifrost. Tears fill my eyes as I hug them and tell them goodbye. Right as I am about to leave Thor and Loki run up to me and hug me tight. "Maddy, please be safe." Thor says as he hands me a little box. I take the box and hug him tight. 

"Please accept this Maddy; I hope to see you again someday." Loki says as he also hands me a little box. I take it and hug him tighter than I did Thor. "Please take care my dear friends, and one day we may meet again." I say as I turn and start to walk away. Before I completely leave Asgard I turn back to face them and wave. They wave back at me and then I am pulled through the Bifrost and am standing back on the cliff overlooking the ocean. I look down and open the little boxes to find a bracelet in each. The one from Loki was made of Emerald gems, and Thor's was a Crystal on the end of the golden chain. I quickly put them on and smile as I look back up to the sky and say, "I will always love you!"

 "What are you talking about?" I hear my brother say from behind me and I turn and run into his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're almost to Stuttgart Maddy." I hear Steve say from behind me. I turn and nod bringing myself back from my memory. I quickly walk over and ask Nat, "Do you still have a mask hidden under your seat?" She nods then reaches under her seat and hands me a black mask that cover my eyes so no one can see it's me. When we reach our destination Steve decides to go down and talk to Loki himself. I look out the window to see Loki's figure standing around a large group of people. I walk over to my hidden cubby on in the back of the jet and pull out Loki, and Thor's bracelets. I quickly put them on. 

I slip the mask on and then go to jump out the back when I hear rock music over the PA system. I turn to hear a man's voice say, "Hey Agent Romanoff did you miss me?" I walk back up to see Ironman standing next to Steve overlooking Loki. My body starts to go into panic mood and I pace back and forth. When Nat lands the jet Ironman and Steve walk up the ramp with Loki. I stand aside as the set him in a seat and close the ramp. "Tony Stark, this is agent Howlett." Nat says as she introduces me to him. "Agent Howlett, gotta first name?" I smile as I say, "Madeline." He smiles and then turns back to Nat. I walk over and sit across from Loki taking in his grown up look. His medium black hair all slicked back. He looks down at his hands and I raise an eyebrow.

"Agent Howlett," I hear Nat say and I walk back to the front to meet her. When I reach the front I hear Steve say, "I don't like it." 

"What that rock of ages gave up so easily?" 

Steve sighs, "I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

 "Still you are pretty spry for an older fellow. What's your thing pilloties?" Steve looks at Tony with a confused look on his face. "What?"

 "It's like calisthenics; you might have missed a couple things you know, doing time as a capsicle." 

"Fury didn't tell me he was bringing you in." 

"Yeah there are a lot of things fury doesn't tell you." 

"Boys stop." I say as lightning starts to form in the sky. "Where did this come from?" I hear Nat say from the pilot seat. I look back at Loki and hear Steve say, "What's the matter, scared of a little lightning?"

 "I'm not overly fond of what follows." I tilt my head in confusion and then hear something land on the roof of our jet. I watch as Tony walks over and opens the door. "What are you doing!" I hear Steve say.

Seconds later I see an Asgardian land on the ramp holding a hammer. "Thor?" I say to myself and start to move toward him when Thor knocks Tony back and into Steve knocking him over. I turn back to see Thor grab Loki and jump out the back of the Jet and into the night. "Now there's that guy," Tony says as he stands back up. 

"Another Asgardian?" Nat asks from the front of the plane. 

"That guys a friendly?" Steve asks as he stands back up. 

"It doesn't matter if he kills Loki or frees him the Tesseract is lost." Tony says as he walks back to the end of the ramp. 

"Stark, we need a plan of attack."

 Tony looks back at us and says, "I have a plan, attack!" then he jumps out the back of the jet and heads off toward Loki. Steve rolls his eyes and then runs over and starts to strap a parachute to his body. "I'd sit this one out cap." Nat says as she tries to locate them. "I don't see how I can." 

"These guys come from legend, they're basically gods." 

"There's only one god ma'am and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." then he grabs his shield and before I can say anything jumps out the back.