Chapter 10 - Will you wait?

I awoke to the sound of someone knocking on my door. I quickly make my way to the door and open it to see Howard's smiling face. Just seeing him makes me feel better, "Morning Maddy!" Howard says as he walks past me into my apartment. He smells of his lab and coffee. 

I smile and say, "Did you even go to sleep last night?" 

He shakes his head and says, "Nope," I smile and shut my door and I follow him to the kitchen. As we enter the kitchen he turns and hands me a cup of coffee. I smile and take it from him. As I drink it I remember the events of the previous night and a single tear falls from my eyes and falls into my coffee. I quickly wipe my face before Howard sees. When he turns back to face me he's smiling brightly and I just want to wrap my arms around him. "Maddy, have you decided if you want to marry me yet?" I want to say I haven't decided yet but, if Steve doesn't love me, and I love Howard; so why not.

I Smile and set my coffee down on the table as I make my way down the hall to my bedroom. "Maddy?" I hear him say as he follows me. As I enter my bedroom I turn to see him right behind me. I pull him into my room by his coat and laugh when his eyes widen. I slowly open his coat and turn around and wrap his arms around me. I slowly inhale the scent of his lab and smile. "Maddy?" he says into my neck before he lays soft kisses on it. My neck tingles sending waves of passion down my body. 

"Howard," I say as I smile. "I want to marry you." I say and I feel him smile into my neck. 

"You mean it?" I turn to face him and smile. 

"Yes, Howard I will marry you." He hugged me tight then lifted me up into the air and twirled me around.

"Oh Maddy, you've made me that happiest man in the world." I smile. 

We spent the next few hours getting everything straightened out to move my stuff into our new house. "Do you have to go to work tonight?" Howard asks as he walks up behind me in my bedroom. I turn away from my ocean view window and say, "Well of course. I still like my job." He smiles and wraps his arms around me laying a kiss softly on my lips. 

"Well you will soon be Mrs. Stark and she won't have to work if she doesn't want to." 

I smile and lay my head down on his chest and say, "Oh Howard, either way I am happy." He kisses the top of my head as he holds me tight. He leaves my new room and I walk over to my new bed and sit down. I look over at the picture of me and Bucky, and see the folded line and start to think of Steve. Tonight would be the last time I would most likely ever see him. The previous night starts to run through my mind and I start to tear up. "No!" I say to myself as I look away from the picture. "I will not cry over someone who does not care for me. I will become Mrs. Howard Stark and live a wonderful life." I stand and dress for work.

The drive to the club was comfy. Howard was holding my hand while I laid my head on his shoulder. The driver stopped outside the club and Howard stepped out of the car and opened my door. I slide out and flip my raven hair back out of my face. My gorgeous silver gown flowed all the way down to my feet. I wrapped my arm around Howards and walked silently beside him. When we walked in the door I automatically spot Steve standing at the bar. I quickly pull my eyes away from him and look back at Howard, "Howard, I'm going to go get ready."

 He smiles and kisses my cheek as he says, "Ok my dear." 

I smile up into his eyes and then turn and walk back stage to my dressing room. When I enter my dressing room I quickly look in the mirror to see my beautiful reflection looking back at me. My deep blue eyes shining in the light along with my Raven hair. I reach down and pick up my hot rod red lipstick and slowly start to put it on when my dressing room door opens. "Steve?" I say as I turn around.