Chapter 39 - Saving the City

Maddy's POV

When Maddy saw Loki throw Tony out the window her rage erupted which caused the ice coffin to shatter. I fall to the floor gasping for air as a mechanical box flies out the window after Tony. Loki turns and looks at me, "Well it seems your powers are greater than I'd imagined." With tears falling from my eyes my fire surrounds me. "You killed him, you killed my son." Loki smiles as he says, "Don't worry you can always have another one. As my queen." 

I snap and as I jump up to kill him I see Tony in the Ironman suit fly up behind him and say, "And there's one more person you pissed off, his name was Phil." I smile and Loki lifts his scepter up to fire and Tony quickly uses the repulser on his and to knock him down. I smile and with tears still falling down from my face Tony reaches out for my hand. I run toward him and as I reach him we hear the Tesseract go off and we both look up into the sky. 

"Right, army." Tony says and I look at the face of the ironman. We nod at each other and I release my wings and we fly up toward the Chittari. I reach down and pull out my personal dual desert eagles, when I do something weird starts to happen when I start to run out of bullets. I start to empty the clip and when I do I see that instead of regular desert eagle ammo it is replaced with flaming blue bullets that explode upon impact. I smile and surge forward firing like a mad woman. I secretly keep an eye on Tony as I fly around.

I hear something explode and I turn to see the Chittari that have gotten through mine and Tony's defense are going after the people of Manhattan. I reach up and as I press the button on my headpiece I say, "Tony I'm going to protect the citizens." I hear a sarcastic remark over the headpiece and I smile as I head down to the streets. I reach the cops right as Steve is defending them. I smile and quickly make my way to him. 

"Steve!" I yell in excitement as I near him. He turns toward me and smiles, "Maddy!" when I reach him I quickly wrap my arms around him. 

"I'm sorry; I should have protected everyone better. Now Coulson and Thor are dead." 

Steve slowly pulls away from me and says, "Maddy Thor's alive." 

I smile brightly and hold him tight. After a quick moment we pull apart and I say, "Lets end this." He smiles and nods. We fight for what seems like forever and then Hulk shows up and joins us, at first he is skeptical of me then when Steve says I am on their side he smiles down at me and says, "Pretty girl with blue fire is friend." I smile and nod. Then I hear Steve say, "Hulk, smash." And I smile as I watch Hulk jump up and "Smash" the Chittari. Soon we were about to be overrun with aliens and then I hear Widow say that she can close the portal. I listen to her and Steve conversation.

"I can close the portal." Widow says and I hear Steve reply, "Do it." Then Tony chimes in. "No Wait."

 "Stark these things are still coming."

 "I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute, and I know just where to put it."

 "Stark you know that's just a one way trip."

 "Save the rest for the return J." Then the radio goes silent. I look at Thor and Steve who are standing beside me and say, "No, let me do it." Thor immediately wraps his arms around me and holds me in place. "No Maddy, I won't let you." I struggle to get free of Thors grip with no avail. Then my anger mixes with my panic and the fire surrounds me turns hostile. Burning at Thor's body, "Thor let me go I don't want to have to hurt you." 

Then Steve is in front of me holding my face in his hands. "Maddy, I won't lose you too. Calm down." Tears start to cascade from my eyes and I look up and watch hopelessly. 

"I feel like I'm watching my son die!" I scream at them. We all look up and watch as the nuke collides with the main Chittari ship. As it explodes the Chittari start to fall down dead around us, after a few minutes I hear Steve say, "Close it." 

"No!" I scream as I try to break free once again. Moments later I hear the portal close and I look up to see Tony falling toward the ground Thor finally releases me and then I hear him say, "He's not slowing." My eyes widen with panic and I am about to jump up into the sky when Hulk comes out of nowhere and saves Tony. When they land I rush to Tony's side and kneel down beside him. I look down to see his light out and start to cry. 

I lay my head down on his chest and say, "I'm sorry Howard, I couldn't protect our child." Then I hear Hulk yell and Tony jumps underneath me. "Agh, oh, what the hell! What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me." I smile and grab his hand. 

"We won." Steve said as he releases a heavy breath. Tony sighs and then starts making jokes and talking about food. 

"We're not finished yet." Thor says and Tony nods. "Then Schwarma after?" I smile and then help tony to his feet. 

"How about this time we take the elevator?" I say as I look into his eyes. He smiles and says, "Good idea." Then he looks at everyone and says. "If you excuse us, I have something to discuss with my mother." When I hear him say that I smile and watch as Steve, Hulk, and Thor go ahead of us and meet up with Hawkeye and Widow. "So you're my mom?" I look away and nod as I walk beside him to Stark tower. 

"Look Tony, I'm not gonna make up some big excuse as to why I left but I just want you to know that I am proud of you." Then I stop and smack the back of his head. "Ouch! What was that for?" I put my hands on my hips and say, "If you ever pull another stunt like that I will kill you myself." He rubs the back of his head and smiles. "I see where I got my attitude from." 

I smile and say, "Your dammed straight." 

He smiles and then says, "So Captain America and my mom, kind of an awkward relationship don't you think?" 

I smile and say, "Do you really wanna talk about my previous relationships, because you do realize I've been around for a very long time." 

He smiles and says, "True." We walk the rest of the way chatting about Howard and all the things I have done in my life. When we reach Tony's office we walk over and stand behind the group and Loki turns around and say, "If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now."