Chapter One : Ignite Interest

Venue: The Royal Palace of Krestochia.

The autumn breeze blew across her face as she stood at the entrance with papers and files in her hands hoping for the best. Rose knew that she was late but she was told to wait. All sorts of stressing thoughts were whirling in her mind. Never had she been to the palace, and to manage this kind of situation was not her cup of tea.

Out of circumstances and being naive, she had to dive into the devil's trap.

*****

The King sat on his throne bored and busy with his council members assigning positions relating to Kingdom's working and management to appropriate persons. In the process, an applicant who had to be given work in treasure management section of the palace whose appointment was exactly at ten past ten in the morning but the candidate turned out to be unpunctual by being late by five minutes. This carelessness could be considered as a pretty big fault to do in front of His Imperial Highness. Since, he didn't tolerate unpunctuality.

"Your majesty, the applicant is out of time, shall we consider the next name in the list for the work?" Ronald, the council member spoke.

Henry merely nodded his head when his trusted old butler, Aldrick showed up.

"Your Highness, we have a visitor." Mr. Aldrick said emerging further in the large throne room.

The King nodded curtly allowing himself to see the visitor, but just a moment later he did not regret himself for giving away a few seconds of his time to see her.

There walked in a girl probably not any of the employees but an ordinary yet unbelievably beautiful girl with sapphire like blue eyes and black luscious hair cascading down to her waist. Dressed in a pretty blue floral dress falling just above her knees and an expression of fear and nervousness over her breath-taking face. She stood beside Aldrick just before Henry as her eyes gazing on the floor.

"We have an exceptional case, Sire." Mr. Aldrick filled in the silence.

Henry gestured with his hand to present that exceptional case before him without moving his eyes from the 'visitor'.

She could feel the male eyes on her and it made her tensed. But his eyes were burning into her, even without a direct eye contact because she couldn't, she felt the intensity with which his eyes feasted on her.

"Sire, the girl named Isla Ried, who was about to be appointed is unable to be present before you due to her illness." Aldrick continued, "So, we have an acquaintance of hers instead. Here are the files of Miss Isla Ried that this young lady may present to you."

The girl took a step further as Aldrick directed with his hand to do, but she was soon interrupted by Ronald who was standing beside Henry, now stepped in between and took the file, touching her hand on purpose.

The King saw to the file with somewhat deep interest and mentally accepted it before saying something.

"Inform your friend that she has been given the position. I excuse her this once since she is sick else, we don't favour passage of such requests." He said hoarsely.

Ronald who stood idly smirked at the girl finding her more interesting than the meeting.

"She can come to work after a week." Henry finished and allotted her to leave when she spoke in her soft and sweet voice, "Thank you, Your Highness." She smiled with pleasure and comfort in her nervous eyes.

Henry nodded at her and she left the room with Mr. Aldrick.

The rest of the time past much anticipated for him, reason he couldn't get that beauty off his head. So, finally after three hours of tedious time period when he was alone, he called for Aldrick and sent him to collect all details of her.

A/N

Thank you for reading and if you like it, please rate, comment and may even follow. :)