Chapter Fifty One : Haunted Party (Part-1)

Rose sat there in uncomfortable silence for a few minutes before she burst out crying hysterically but there was no one to hear her out except for her broken soul in the large old fashioned suite with the disfigured heart in her hand. The abductor had walked out with his men with a smile on his face, leaving Rose all by herself.

She carefully placed the heart inside the box and hugged it close to her chest. "I am sorry.." She whispered and rocked herself back and forth, slowly losing her sanity and state of mind. She sat there humming a lullaby she often sang for him when he would be restless after his day's hard work.

After what felt like seconds, two young maids entered and laid a white dress on the bed and without uttering a word, they bowed and dragged her to the bath to cleanse her and give her a warm ravishing bath. The maids were robotic and pale like they didn't have blood in their body. They were void of emotions like they weren't human but machines and once they were done exfoliating her soft petal like skin, they helped her with the big off white and golden lace gown.

Another marriage of her life where she was completely lifeless and powerless. But this one wasn't going to turn out nice and fairytale like. It would end her life, her body, her soul and she couldn't let that happen.

She sat before the huge dresser and the big mirror with small lights on the frame that reflected the figure of the doll that had lost everything she held dear in her life and now she was going to lose her dignity marrying a demon that would make her life a living hell. Rose watched the maids tie her hair up in a loose messy yet elegant bun with a few strands falling on the sides of her face. They sprinkled a light blue liquid perfume and started with the make up, beginning with her eyes and then her cheeks but when they were about to apply lipstick, they halted on hearing her command. "Leave. I shall do it myself."

The maids had a confused look on their faces before they started leaving but one of them gave a warning before completely disappearing, "You can't run. He is dead and you shall be the queen of our king." As much as Rose wanted to smack the woman's face with an object, she controlled herself and stared into the mirror with tear pricked eyes. She looked down at her body and sighed. 'This has to end. He has to end', she thought. Her gaze shifted to the blood red lipstick on the wooden vanity and she picked it up. Rose had never tried such bold shade but now, she was going to apply it. She slightly parted her lips and moved the coloured stick on her pink, plump lips in a soft motion, tainting them red. A tear escaped her eye but she continued painting her lips and stopped once she was satisfied with her work.

With one final glance at herself, she looked at the fruit basket on the table and tiredly walked towards it. Rose picked up the knife stabbed on a fruit and hid it under her bodice neatly. "This will be your last." She whispered with pure hatred.

She pulled the veil over her face and with small steps, opened the door. "Hold the door." She commanded the masked guard and stepped out with her head held up. The two maids stood there and soon one of them approached her and wrapped her eyes with a velvet cloth and tied her hands tightly behind her back making Rose gasp. They led her blindly towards a path and soon after a flight of descending stairs she was pushed into what seemed like a carriage due to the sound of the horses and wheels.

After an hour, the carriage halted and she was pulled out of the carriage. "Easy there. She is your soon to be queen." Her heart thumped loudly at the voice of the abductor who removed the cloth from her eyes and set her hands free.

The prince like abductor was dressed in a new outfit which was made a little worn out with undone buttons to give it an effect of a ghostly wedding suit. His hair stands were styled and a fake scar was painted on the side of his cheek which surprisingly looked real. Nevertheless, he looked handsome but, he was a demonic person. 'What man wants to look such at his wedding?', Rose thought.

His baby blue eyes smiled at her warmly and he apologised with a fake frown, "I am sorry you have to bear all this but this is worth it, darling." He looped an arm around hers and led her along the long carpet that was spread all the way towards the entrance of a giant palace that was decorated with large silver and gold banners and the interior was adorned with magically floating flowers with sparkles around them. It had a horror theme to it as there were green and blue lights at the roof and the railings of top floors with white fabrics hung in such a way as though they were representing ghosts. The servants had skull masks on their faces and were dressed in gothic outfits. A soft spooky music played in the background with a layer of light smoke on the floor. "I wanted a horror themed wedding." He grinned crookedly at Rose and took her further inside towards the raised platform which had a single large throne and a crown on a red pillow placed beside it. "Today I shall be declared the king of the three most powerful empires of the era." He whispered proudly in her ear and tossed his sword up and held it in his hand. The lowered heads of the crowd screamed submission and all she could do was just wait and watch out for the perfect time to find him alone and vulnerable.

Rose doubted if Nigel was okay because the three kingdoms meant Krestochia, Vamparia and the one that belonged to the abductor. If the ruler of Vamparia dies then the next appointed relative shall take over and that meant Nigel would be the crowned king but this abductor had already stated about three kingdoms. That meant... either Nigel too was dead or he fled away. Rose creased her eyebrows at the thought but soon she felt the abductor place his hand on her waist and she found herself in the midst of the dancing crowd with her partner being the man she loathed.

"I don't know what your pretty little mind is thinking but hear that now, you are with me and there is no where out of this." He grinned and blew a soft breath in her ear making her shudder in his hold.

He twirled her roughly and pulled her back only to find her innocently questioning eyes staring at his, "W-where are we?"

"Snowsteen, my dear. Our major territory. We will rule here. You will stay here in my palace with me and we shall have a small family of our own. I have even decided the names of our children." He chuckled hysterically like it was a mere joke.

"You're delusional." She spoke sternly.

"Am I? You won't be saying that once I show you what and how vast my love for you is." He raised his eyebrows amusingly and continued with their dance. Rose had an urge to punch this abductor but she kept herself in check, she just waited for her time.

Soon after a few moments, they were performing a dance which included exchange of partners and only royals were included. She danced half heartedly with different partners and with the next twirl, a pair of familiar arms gently held her waist pulling her close and she heard him speak above her ear, "Finally."

Rose pulled back and her eyes widened at the king before her, "B-Byron?"

He raised a finger to his lips signalling her to keep shut and then smiled softly, "Hi there, heart."

*************