Chapter Fifty Two : The Devil's Waltz

[Unedited]

*****

After patting her back lightly, he gestured her to leave.

Rose smiled a weak smile and placed a kiss on his cheek before she stepped out of the room. Picking the gown between her fingers, she slowly descended down the stairs with the same expression she carried before meeting Henry. Scared and confused.

As she reached the last two steps, she turned back at the top floor to find the perfect silhouette of him, leaning against the railing and smiling a wicked grin at her from above.

She heaved a sigh and turned back on her way to the crowd where she found Viscardi and Sasha still busy with a sweating Byron.

'Poor Byron', she thought, approaching them and stood beside Byron but maintaining a good distance.

"There she is." The lady in red sighed, giving a charming smile to her partner and eyeing the queen from afar.

"She looks great." She remarked and continued moving her body with the music. "Pity, I never got the chance to speak to her."

"She is sweet, like a child. You would be delighted to meet her and I promise you that I will introduce you to her soon." He laughed at her.

"Will Her Highness like me?" She grew curious and stared at her again.

"Tell me why she wouldn't? She would love to meet you. She is very down to earth and not like the arrogant royals." He said.

"And a very brave one as well. She took the crown, managed it well. Married the darkest emperor and turned him into a better person. Fell into a pool of chaos, brushed herself and stood up again with a bright smile. She is truly an angel." The lady in red smiled with her eyes pouring admiration for the young queen.

Her partner chuckled and shook his head, "True that. Looks like you are a die hard fan of her."

"No ashamed." She laughed along with him and nodded.

"But I am very excited to see what happens when the canonical lord starts playing his games on him." She chirped at him.

"... sometimes I doubt you are even a girl." He commented seeing her interest in grotesque things.

"What do you mean? I am, of course. Just a unique one." She glared at him and huffed to which he giggled.

The danced in synchronization, reaching towards the group that was busy with their formal talk.

"Ah, you are back. What took you so long?" Viscardi asked shamelessly with a sigh but Sasha interrupted them, "C'mon dear. It's rather impolite."

"She is my bride and it doesn't matter what I ask her." Viscardi gave an evil glare and pulled Rose towards him by her arm, making her gasp.

"Easy!" Byron suddenly spoke seeing that he was too harsh on her.

'With every contact, he shall be cut twice.' She remembered his slow self-whisper that she didn't miss and shivered.

Rose glanced up at the top floor and found a pair of gleaming red eyes as if angered, casting down at Viscardi. It seemed like the devil himself had ascended upon the earth's surface.

Viscardi widened at the sudden voice of Byron and he looked away from him as if he wasn't meant to speak, "Just be easy on her." He muttered.

"You don't have to tell me-" An agitated Viscardi was soon cut off by Sasha, "Woah, there! We are here to celebrate not to fight." She eyed side to side at him and Byron making them turn away with a frown.